Announcement

Forums > Questions

Link Gmail messages to Toodledo Tasks

AuthorMessage
cjc182news

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
Score: 0

Hi,

is there a way to link a GMail message or conversation to a Toodledo task?

Thanks for any help.
SRhyse

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
Score: 1

Ya, I do it all the time. Open the message in GMail, then copy the URL into a task's note. Opens straight to the conversation.

To link the other way, hit the lego icon to the left of a task, then hit the perma link icon to go to a page with a URL specific to that task. Put that link anywhere, including a GMail conversation, and it'll take you right to the task.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2010.
Dave

Posted: Jul 01, 2010

This is VERY cool. I had no idea you could do this. Thanks for sharing! Maybe eventually there will be a way in gmail to create a toodledo task automatically.
SRhyse

Posted by Dave:
This is VERY cool. I had no idea you could do this. Thanks for sharing! Maybe eventually there will be a way in gmail to create a toodledo task automatically.

I doubt Google will ever make a button to turn a gMail conversation into a Toodledo task in the way you can currently turn it into a Google Task, but there are some fairly easy ways to do it yourself-

If you're using Firefox, you can use the official Toodledo plugin http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php to right click on any page to add that page to a Toodledo task, which in the case of an opened gMail message, will automatically put the page URL to link it into the notes of a new task that you can immediately start filling out then and there.

If you don't wanna go that route or are using another browser, you can add Toodledo as a gadget to gMail (explained here http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php). That'll make it so there's a small Toodledo client running in your gMail window, and you can easily just paste the gMail conversation URL into the notes of a new or existing task there.
Dave

@SRhyse thanks for the tips! I wasn't expecting for Gmail to do anything, but RTM has in their FF extension where if you star an email or for specific folders it will automatically create a new task. I doubt Toodledo will pursue it since it couldn't be supported on multiple browsers, and RTM's extension breaks all of the time.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014