ForumsQuestionsToodledo stoped syncing with Outlook

Toodledo stoped syncing with Outlook
md06684

Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I use the 2Do app on my iPhone and sync with Outlook using Toodledo. I've been using this app for awhile and haven't had issues. However, all of a sudden (in the several days) the changes I recently made in the 2Do app were no longer syncing with my tasks in Outlook. Help!!!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Both of those things are third-party software that we cannot support. Try contacting those companies.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Default.aspx

http://www.2doapp.com/en/2Do/overview.html

This message was edited Jul 05, 2010.
serafy_gw

Posted: Jul 07, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
I had same problem and got same response - wish we could all operate this way - no ethics, no responsibility, and basically not tell the truth - advertise that your product works with Outlook and then when it doesn't pass the buck....nice company
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 07, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by serafy_gw:
I had same problem and got same response - wish we could all operate this way - no ethics, no responsibility, and basically not tell the truth - advertise that your product works with Outlook and then when it doesn't pass the buck....nice company

Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

The Chromatic Dragon (Outlook sync) tool is listed under the following heading on the Connections page:
http://www.toodledo.com/connections.php
Third Party Applications

These tools were created by third-party developers. They have not been tested by us and they are not supported us, so use them at your own risk. It would be wise to backup your data before using one of these apps, since we cannot guarantee that they are well behaved.

And when you click on the Outlook link, you see this:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php
Outlook Synchronization

Synchronizing your Outlook task list with Toodledo requires the installation of a free third-party application that is developed by a company called "Chromatic Dragon Software".

Installation
For information about downloading and installing the "ToodledoSync" tool for Outlook, please visit the Chromatic Dragon ToodledoSync page.

Warning: We have received a number of complaints that the Outlook sync tool can sometimes accidentally delete all of your tasks from inside Toodledo. Please remember that Toodledo cannot be held responsible for misbehaving third-party applications.

Support
For support with this third-party tool, please contact the developer at their website. You can also try posting a question in our Third-Party Forum, but please be aware that Toodledo cannot provide support for third-party applications.

I think that's pretty clear.

The only other references I can find to Outlook is that Toodledo can import tasks that have been exported from Outlook. This works - I've used it.

All third-party apps (such as the 2Do iPhone app mentioned by the original poster) use Toodledo's API to sync, so Toodledo only provides the gateway and the other apps do all the syncing work. As such, Toodledo doesn't really have any control over the process nor can it help or troubleshoot - the third-party provider must do this.

Was there something else I missed that led you to make those statements?

This message was edited Jul 08, 2010.
bekellynj

Posted: Jul 08, 2010
I cannot even get Toodledo to import an Outlook .csv file. After clicking 'Upload' a message comes up stating "We found...Pick proper columns..." But nothing shows to pick from. If I click the "Save" button, I get a message that the process has timed out. Is there something I have to do to the .csv before trying to upload it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 09, 2010
If nothing is showing up on the "We found..." page, then your CSV file was either empty or not in the correct format. If you create a support ticket and upload the file, we can help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.