ForumsQuestionsTask Details quick link?

Task Details quick link?
ken.toodled

Posted: Jul 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to show all a tasks details (without re-enabling them all through account settings)?

Use Case:
I typically don't have repeating tasks, so I don't show the repeating option in my account settings. This helps me create new tasks without tabbing through the repeat field every time. Sometimes I do want a task to repeat, it would be great if I could add the task with the limited options and then click a 'show all details' icon to change the weird item on this one task.

(same thought process for Goal, Start Date, Length, Timer, Priority, )

I'm hoping this option already exists, and I'm just missing it somewhere. I am happy to add a feature request, but as a newbie, I thought I should seek wisdom first.

Thank you
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 13, 2010
I assume that you are working in "grid" mode?

In which case, this isn't currently possible.

However if you switch to "multi-line" mode this is exactly how it works. You can enable all fields but will only ever see the task name and the due date along with a few of the icons (e.g. star, checkbox). Clicking on the blue arrow expands the task so that you can see all other fields and edit them.

(Note that you might not see the due date field - it might be something else depending on how the view is sorted).
ken.toodled

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
I was really thinking about the process of adding a task.
- click 'Add Task'
- starting adding your preselected favorite fields
- decide that you want a special field
- click something that shows all fields

This would be especially useful in the iPhone app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.