ForumsQuestions2do iPhone App project/task/subtask equivalence in Toodledo

2do iPhone App project/task/subtask equivalence in Toodledo
phil

Posted: Jul 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

I just searched the forum for 2do and came back with zero results so please excuse me if I'm asking a question that's already been asked. (edit: when I search the toodledo forum using google it finds references to 2Do, so I guess there's a flaw in the search engine of this forum).

I'm using Toodledo sync'd with the 2do iPhone app and I wondered how certain features map between the two products.

I think in Toodledo that maps like so:

2do App Toodledo
===================
Calendar = Folder
ToDo = Task
Tags = Tags
Project = Task
Checklist= Task (I think)

A project in 2do is like a major task, and a ToDo is a like a sub task but I'd like to know that if upgrade my account would my Projects and Tasks be mapped as Tasks with subtasks. That would be cool if it's the case.

Currently when I sync projects just show up as regular tasks, so I lose my Project/Task hierarchy.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
Michaeldef

Hello,

I have essentially the same question but I use Todo. Not understanding how Lists, Projects and Sub-Tasks map to Toodledo.

I am a Pro user.
PeterW 

I use Appigo Todo so can help with that question.

A 'Project' in Todo is the same as a Parent Task in Toodledo. Tasks under Projects in Todo are called Subtasks in Toodledo.

To be able to see and maintain the project/task hierarchy you have in Todo, you will need a pro subscription in Toodledo. Nothing is broken if you don't have a subscription but your project tasks will appear 'flattened' in Toodledo, i.e. can't be viewed nested.

I've never used 2Do so can't comment on how it works.
SRhyse

Score: 1 Reference
Parent tasks with subtasks in Toodledo can be either Projects or Checklists in 2Do. Though Toodledo will only display them as parent tasks with subtasks, 2Do stores meta data in the notes of the tasks that distinguishes them as either projects or checklists in their app (atleast in it's current version, 2.0's suppose to drop in a week or so). Projects/Checklists made in 2Do only show up as parent tasks with subtasks in Toodledo if you have a Pro account.

Calendar tabs in 2Do can sync to either folders OR contexts in Toodledo, depending on what you select in 2Do's options. This doesn't apply to saved search tabs in 2Do.

Tags are tags, notes are notes, stars are stars, and due dates are due dates between the two programs. Toodledo reminders don't sync with 2Do reminders, however. They both work and stay associated with the tasks depending on which app you set them in, but Toodledo won't ever acknowledge 2Do reminders, and 2Do won't ever acknowledge Toodledo reminders.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
Transisto

Posted: Jul 22, 2010
Posted by SRhyse:
Calendar tabs in 2Do can sync to either folders OR contexts in Toodledo, depending on what you select in 2Do's options.

You have the option to change this anytime but it will mess your data real good. (make a xml backup before.)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2010
For help with third-party apps, you might get a better answer by contacting those companies directly. I am not familiar with the way all the different third-party apps map features to Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.