ForumsQuestionsFirst Impressions

First Impressions
speggy

Posted: Jul 24, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Just signed up for toodledo today as there are no iPad apps with remember the milk support...

First impressions are good. Support everything RTM does and more... BUT very ugly :( I thought I was time traveling back to 2001 when I loaded up the main screen. There's just something very off putting about it. The colour change helped, but was only very basic. Please tell me you have people working on a new design!

Second is a continuation of that, the Google gadget which is probably my most important gateway to my list is bulky and unattractive. The thing sticks out like a giant eyesore amongst my other gadgets. The font seems to be twice that of the other gadgets. Resulting in the need to scroll to read the items. I like to use narrow columns in iGoogle for lists, but this list displays more like a giant truck. Also the vertical size of the gadget seems to be fixed and thus a bunch of whitespace pushes any gadget below it down the page. I pet peeve of mine for any Google Gadget.

Other than that though, all the functionality and more seems to be in place. Which is half the battle. Pretty it up and you've got a real winner on your hands!
Transisto

Posted: Jul 25, 2010
Score: -2 Reference
Posted by speggy:
Please tell me you have people working on a new design!

Don't expect much improvement soon.

Beware before settling your todos here to have a look at the update frequency.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/news.php

This message was edited Jul 25, 2010.
vivsupp

Score: 0 Reference
The appearance is fine with me but i did find it hard to use to start with.

I have used a Microsoft Mobile based List Pro which is fantastic, but i bought an andriod phone and would like to have a sync for that for my lists - i was so disappointed when i found that it did not sync to my phone (being new to this stuff i did not understand what android meant).

I found that this program is quite good offering good features that are not on list pro but i do find it a bit hard to learn. After spending several hours on it i think i am beginning to warm to it. I would like to be able to re-order tasks by moving them rather than altering the time etc. I would like sublists which are available when paying which i might do after a couple of weeks trial.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2010.
PeterW 

Score: 0 Reference
Check out this thread for info on how you can make a few improvements to the appearance of Toodledo:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6399/-33867/can-we-help-create-themes-for-toodledo.html

Many of us are hoping that improvements to the default UI will be here soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.