ForumsQuestionsAdding To-Do List to personal Website

Adding To-Do List to personal Website
Ddraig

Posted: Oct 01, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Howdy,

I am a relatively new user to this website and have been looking but can not find what I am looking for. I am looking for the ability to embed the Toodledo's Hot List on my website so my visitors can see. Is there a widget that already does this? If not I would like to request it as a feature. Similar to the Google Gadget but only displaying the Hotlist.

I know I can use an iFrame and display it but would rather have an offical widget.

Thanks,
Dd.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2008
If you go to the connections page, you can turn on RSS feeds for your hotlist. RSS is a standard format that can be read by thousands of different websites and widgets, so you just need to find the one you like and stick your personal Hotlist RSS address into it.

Hope that helps.
Ddraig

I have been looking at the RSS feed but doesn't do quite what I would like for it to do. Does it do anything other than the Hotlist? I'd like to be able to show the entire list. Also like to be able to have it display the folder, or context first then list the project.

Thanks again,
Dd.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you want something customized, then RSS probably wont work. If you know how to program, or have a friend who knows, you could use our API to make the exact widget that you want.
Ddraig

Posted: Oct 03, 2008
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. Would it be difficult to modify the google gadget so it could also be embedded into a website? But have an option for making it viewable to the public?

I think that I will probably have a go at coding with it.
Ddraig

I've been looking at the api's, I can't seem to figure out how to download the C# API. Any suggestions or am I missing something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The C# API doesn't appear to have a downloadable, you'll need to get the source code from the "source" tab using the command line.

http://code.google.com/p/sharpgtd/source/ch eckout

The C# library is not maintained by us, so thats the best advice I can give. You might want to contact the owner of that project.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2008.
Ddraig

Great thanks! Even though you don't have a supported solution and I think I've found an alternative. I just regstered a pro plus account. Been playing with this all day and it is pretty sweet.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.