ForumsQuestionsOrganizing and using a calendar

Organizing and using a calendar
etanafinkler

Posted: Aug 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
BOTTOM LINE:
Are there posts or areas here in this forum with examples of how people are organizing themselves using ToDo and Toodledo?

To continue from my projects post:

So then I take some of the tasks from the various projects I listed in my post about Project levels, and I move them to be done today. But there is no calendar to move them to.

At first I made up projects called Monday 7/19/10, Tues 7/20/10, etc, but that became ridiculous. Then I changed it to just Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. etc... but that was no better, since I can't have projects within projects, had to keep moving things I didn't do, and Oh, I have iCal, can't I be using that, but not... switching back and forth (copy/paste) from ToDo to iCal was really slow and tedious. So that didn't work.

Then I thought, well I'll have my projects and tasks in ToDo, but I'll still carry a paper spiral notebook with what to do today. That seems to be where I'm at now, but it's disappointing that I'm back to paper.

And I'm finding things are buried in my ToDo so I'm not seeing them, instead of having projects, and then I see what I have to do today.

I maybe have too many projects, but that's just how I am. I don't need multiple people, just mostly me. I don't need money tracking or really even time tracking.

I'll write again tomorrow, list my projects, so you can see..
well, here, this is what i have so far; projects (or are these lists?)
1. Hot potato (fast get it done now things
A list
B list
Creative
eBay selling
job
Health
Home
Investing
Power Leaks
Successes/Accomplishments
To be processed

So if these are the main lists, then under that I have a project, but then can't have a project within that, (only a task or a normal or a checklist) as I explained in my other thread.

So then things I didnt' do, or things from the projects started moving into my "A List," and it seemed they needed to move to a calendar. But it wasn't enough just to change the date on them. So that's when I moved them to my paper notebook...

I'm not really sure how to organize all this so that I'm not just spending time organizing, but have an easy way to see what might be important and time critical, important and not time critical, not very important but still urgent, and not very imp't, not urgent...

I have taken different time mgmt courses over the past years...

Are there posts or areas here in this forum with examples of how people are organizing themselves using ToDo and Toodledo?

Thanks, Etana
PeterW 

Posted: Aug 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
@Etana - I've posted an answer to your other thread here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7023/0/how-to-get-more-levels-under-a-project-organizing-projects.h tml
which might help with the post above.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.