ForumsQuestionsCan't delete a folder - always reappears

Can't delete a folder - always reappears
bperkins

Posted: Oct 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I have the Toodledo website, Firefox sidebar and iPhone Appigo Todo and Notes applications.

I have a few folders that I want to delete - and I do - I've deleted them in the website, on the iPhone. They go away for a while, then come back again.

How can I get rid of them? I've tried all of the delete/sync/delete permutations I can think of... no luck

Thanks - Nice site/product.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2008
It sounds like either the Todo or Notebook on the iPhone is recreating the folder when you sync. I'm sure you have already tried deleting it from all three at the same time. Please report this bug to Appigo at http://www.appigo.com

Thanks
bperkins

Posted: Oct 03, 2008
I think I figured it out (not sure what layer doesn't like it though)

I had been experimenting with folder names:

So I had

Maine: Todo
and
Maine Todo

The 'Maine: Todo' Folder had the items and the other was the one I tried to delete. Every time I deleted, it would come back a little while later. I believe this root cause is the MS Outlook sync program or outlook itself. The ':' seems to be ignored at some layer.

I ended up moving all my items to the 'Maine Todo' folder, deleting the 'Maine: Todo' folder, resyncing all software involved and so far - no deleted folders have reappeared.

Thanks
Bob
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.