ForumsQuestionsIs someone really working at Toodledo permanently ?

Is someone really working at Toodledo permanently ?
Technocrap

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
I once read providing support to the forum was TD biggest time sink.
Now a year later and it seams not even a moderator was hired for the forum. (Hire? / Lots of people would do it free I think)
It's good visit and see that there is activity in the forum,

But could someone, please, wake me up when real improvement get accomplished ? (other than on iPhone app)

email : [email protected]

Thank You.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2010.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Aug 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I think you have a valid question...particularly with the moderating. I know I would certainly be willing to be on a team of mods for free.

That said, Many of us enjoy Toodledo exactly how it is. If you look through the news forum you will see MANY improvements have been made including an impressive back-end server move.

I doubt anyone will e-mail you when "real" improvement takes place. Improvement is in the eye of the beholder.
Andrew A

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
I know I have seen this topic before, and it has been suggested also in light of the occasional spam thread. As far as F/T I've seen their want ads and I think they were looking for F/T employees! It could of course be an elaborate scam, LOL, but I doubt it: http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php

I think we are all eager for some visible improvement, but sometimes the best kind of improvement is invisible and less tangible, like the speed improvement last week.
Salgud

Seems to me that TD is improving just fine. They upgrade at least once a month, sometimes more. I imagine they're spending a lot of effort to get the iPhone version more aligned with the web version right now, which might be taking time away from the web version development.

As for developers spending time in these forums answering questions, I can see where an "efficiency expert" type would think that a waste of time. They could be writing code instead. But for those capable of looking a little deeper, keeping the developers in contact with their clients is brilliant. They know what the clients are asking for, and what, and even how, their clients think. Some might say they could be briefed on this, but it's not the same. Having an online dialog is very different that getting a 5 min briefing throught the filter of someone else saying what he thinks the clients are saying.

Richard Branson, billionaire owner of Virgin Airlines, occasionally goes unannounced on one of their flights, and serves his customers alongside his flight crew. He says he learns things about what his people deal with and what his customers want and need better that way than anything else.

I want to applaud the TD staff and management, if there are such, for keeping themselves in touch with us, their customers, on a regular basis. After putting up with the deafening silence in the Culured Code forums for years, the frequent, knowledgeable, and friendly replies to my posts by TD staff makes me a believer. These people want to deliver the best experience they can. I couldn't ask for more, and certainly wouldn't be foolish enough to ask for less.
Transisto

Posted by Salgud:
They upgrade at least once a month, sometimes more.

That is IF you're using the "default" iPhone app, otherwise there has been about 3-4 unique changes to the web version this year (~9 month).

Being :
Jun 8, 2010 New action button and moving note icons (controversial benefits)
5.06 May 7, 2010 Adding Folders/Contexts/Goal on-the-fly (small)
4.93 Mar 3, 2010 You can now filter your list by multiple tags (small)
4.86 Jan 8, 2010 Task emailing + Permalinks (Good one)

My 2 cent.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2010.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 11, 2010
It is Eternal September full swing in the forum.
Are there any Moderator or technical support yet ? other than old customers checking in to see if their feature will ever come to light ?

Ps: Will provide support for food.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2010.
Alan

Score: 1 Reference
LOL. Go hang around the RTM forums for a while. There you can get a good dose of being completely ignored, having no product improvements for months on end, and no iPhone, Android, or any other improvements either. For added measure, they throw in a health serving of getting aggressive with their customers who ask for time frames, or complain about how nothing there seems to improve.
Andrew A

Posted by Technocrap:
It is Eternal September full swing in the forum.
Are there any Moderator or technical support yet ? other than old customers checking in to see if their feature will ever come to light ?

Ps: Will provide support for food.

Not sure how accurate that is, considering the tone, it seems September may be your month! LOL!.

The toodledo admin does in fact frequent the forum, answer questions, request more detailed support tickets for new requests, resolve issues as they arrive, and roll out new functionality regularly. If you had searched some before posting, you might have seen that.
Technocrap

Posted by Technocrap:
I once read providing support to the forum was TD biggest time sink.

I was referring to the OP part about having the developer to develop and not be bothered with basic support.

I should have wrote:
Are there any "dedicated" Moderator or technical support yet ?

This message was edited Oct 11, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.