ForumsQuestionsNotebook feature requests

Notebook feature requests
jebanks

Posted: Oct 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hello Toodledo Developers,

I just wanted to post some of my feature needs for Toodledo Notes. I'm sure you are working on many of these, but I just wanted to provide my input. Perhaps you could let us know where you are as far as implementing more robust Notebook features.

Overall, we need to be able to display, sort, enter, search and edit notes as easily as we can in the To-Do List, (and as easily as we already can in Appigo's Notebook iPhone app), but in particular:

* Full search capabilities for note Titles/Contents, as on the Appigo app (currently, it's easier to find stuff on the iPhone than in Toodledo).
* Having the note edit lightbox pop up where the window is located in the browser, so we don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page.
* Having the note edit lightbox instantaneously save the changes and remain editable, just like in the To-Do List.
*Actually, on the last 2 points, having the note content field open inline, the way it can work in the To-Do List, would be ideal.
* Having the Notebook view state remain the same after editing a note as before
* Ability to open the Notebook page with all of the Notebook folders closed as the initial state.
* Ability to duplicate an entire note as a basis to make minor changes to it as a different note.

Thank you for your work and offerings so far!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 09, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
thomasbouchard

Posted: Oct 13, 2008
I'd also like to see a few more html tags for the notebook.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to make a simple table in a notebook.

Let me know how near in the future more tags like these would be added.
Thanks,
Thomas
GS

Posted: Oct 16, 2008
Additional feature requests:
- Ability to email notes to Toodledo Notebook
- Notebook accessibility in iPhone Native App (create, edit, search)
- Calendar interface drop down so we can filter notes by week, month, year
- Ability to change a task into a note for long term archive (could encourage Pro Plus purchase)

This message was edited Oct 16, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 16, 2008
Gummi

Posted: Oct 31, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
In addition or instead of adding to the usable html tags, I would love to see Markdown support to notes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 01, 2008
josh_speer

Posted: Jan 16, 2009
I'd really like the option to toggle dividers.

Also, tagging notes (for filtering, not html) would be useful.

I agree with jebanks that the UI for sort and search of Notes and To-dos should be the same... It feels like two completely different applications.

Finally, the ability to create a simple table (like thomasbouchard mentioned) would absolutely killer.

I use the two Appigo apps extensively.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2009
astroman

Posted: Feb 19, 2009
Yes, please add "Toggle Dividers" to Notebook just as you have for the To-do list.

Also, it would be nice if it would reappear as one last left it (toggled closed or opened).

Also, when I'm looking at the To-do list and I select "Hide future tasks" it does NOT work. It still shows future tasks! It'd be great if that could be fixed.

Thanks!

Great service by the way!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 20, 2009
The future filter doesn't always hide all future tasks. It could also depend on which tab you are in and what the other settings are. For more info, try this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.