ForumsQuestionssuggestions

suggestions
Thibaud

Posted: Oct 19, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi !

I would have 3 suggestions :

- to make possible to send a mail with an attached piece which would be included in the task
- to permit to the user to select the first day of his week (monday instead of sunday for example)
- to permit to use accentuated characters in the e-mailed tasks

Thanx !

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We plan to do number 1 and 2. Number 3 should already be working, but there might be some bugs that we are still working out for some email clients.
FM

Number 3 does not work neither with Apple's mail, nor with Microsofts'entourage.
Thibaud

Indeed, I'm also on mac and it doesn't work properly !

Thanks for your work !
rberube

Posted: Oct 20, 2008
First let me say congrats on a great todo app especially since the new update version 1.2. I am very pleased with it. I have actually just purchased this today 10/20/08 so correct me if I am wrong on anything. I have been using the free SmartTime app and love it also but in my opinion it lacks a lot of what Toodledo has to offer.

Only a couple of suggestions / concerns that I have:

I love that I could set alerts on my iPhone using the SMS Text Messaging Service. The only drawback is the amount of text messages I would be getting and I don't want to have to up my SMS to unlimited...The bill is high enough.

I totally agree what another user had indicated a few days ago: "What this app needs is a way to SET ALARMS - everything from an alarm that could be set for 1 minute to hours, days, weeks, months or years. The SHORT term ALARMS are really valuable to keep the "reminders" in front of the user."
The same is very true for me.

1. Could you please include a customizable audible alarm so that we could set it to warn us when critical items are due just as the iPhone's Calendar has currently? This would eliminate not having to rely on Apple's Calendar for this one feature. As it is now, if I have an important event that I need a reminder, I still have to use the calendar and set the alert. It is a redundant process that could be totally eliminated if you incorporate alerts in Toodledo.

2. Also if it is possible to have Jott integrated into the UI instead of having to leave the program, sign onto Jott, record my message then go back into Toodledo as it is now?

3. When syncing with Google, it seems a little weird. In month view, I cannot seem to see my tasks unless I click the check mark and then I can only see one day at a time. Am I doing something wrong? If so I apologize.

Thank you for your consideration to these matters and all the hard work that went into this program.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third party applications to set alarms. Once they do, we will support them.
rberube

Posted: Oct 21, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third party applications to set alarms. Once they do, we will support them.

I understand & Thanks for your quick response.

Is there a chance in the next update you can make a switch to turn on SMS / Email Reminders in either the "All Tasks" view or maybe in the "Task Details" view of the task itself? This would make it much easier to set a reminder for that particular task. Or another idea can be to put the option in "Settings" then Have an option to "Turn On SMS/Email Reminders"...the user can pick one. And when this option is set, there can be another option/check box next to the task in the "Task Details" section of the app to turn it on or off for that particular task.

...Just a suggestion.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 21, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
steveo

Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Hi there. I have a calendar from I Want Sandy (which is shutting down) that sets alarms on my Calendar app on my iPhone. It's really nice because when the phone is in my pocket, I still get alerted. I think this would be an awesome addition to your app!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.