ForumsQuestionsemail import note truncation

email import note truncation
Roman

Posted: Mar 28, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
i read in the news, that you added bugfixes for email import, and that notes will not be truncated anymore. unfortunately, you did not write, for which occasions this has been fixed. i reported a bug concerning this feature a few weeks ago, and for me, it´s still not working when an email contains german umlauts. the note gets truncated after the first appearance of an umlaut in the body. i wonder, if the bugfix included this issue, and is not working anyway, or if you just did not yet adress this issue in the bugfix. maybe, you could tell us what the said "specific situations" are?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, we should have mentioned that non ASCII characters are still causing this problem. The problem we fixed was with emails that use the quoted-printable format (Microsoft Outlook). We are still looking into the other issues.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, we got that fixed too. Umlauts and other non ASCII characters should work now.
Roman

hmmm, maybe i´m doing something wrong, but it´s still happening for me... if you need more info, fell free to ask, i´d be delighted to help sorting this out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What email program are you using?
Roman

Posted: Mar 30, 2008
i'm sending them from google Mail. from the online interface, Not via a mail app.
Roman

i had some time and tried it from mail.app on my mac as well, same effect.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That is very strange. I just sent email from both Gmail and Apple Mail containing umlauts and it worked fine both times. Can you please forward one of your "problem emails" to "admin at toodledo dot com". That way, we can take a look and see if there is something funny with your emails that we are missing.

Thanks
Roman

Posted: Mar 31, 2008
ok, mail sent. here is the complete message, in case you need it for verification purposes:

dies ist ein test mit umlauten

hier steht ein ue: ü

hier steht ein ae: ä

hier steht ein oe: ö
Roman

Posted: Mar 31, 2008
issue solved now, thanks a lot, jake!
Stefan Niemeyer

Posted: Sep 12, 2008
hey I have the same problem using thunderbird.

Checked it with gmail and outlook an everything works fine.

But with thunderbird the note gets truncated after the first appearance of an umlaut in the body

any idea?

thanks in advance
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 12, 2008
Email is very tricky, and there appears to be bugs in the way we implement it with regard to international characters. We are working to try to resolve these bugs.
Stefan Niemeyer

Posted: Sep 13, 2008
Great!

Thanks for the quick reply!

My "toodledo-life" goes on even without german umlauts ;)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.