ForumsQuestionsTwo Quick Newbie Questions

Two Quick Newbie Questions
gshowden

Posted: Sep 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi gals and guys. A couple of things have me stumped right off the bat:

1) So, across the top of the screen are the "view by" choices, including folder, context, etc. In the folder view, I have several projects (tasks) listed. Next to each task are columns such as folder, context, etc.

My question is this: why is the folder name listed in a column when I am already in the folder view? It just seems to take up needless space. When I modify the fields from the "modify fields" screen and deselect "folder", then the folder option disappears from the "view by" at the top of the screen. Can the "folder" column be hidden?

2) I have created a template task with 5 subtasks and plunked it in its own folder called, you guessed it: "template". I also have a folder called "projects". When I clone the template, I then change the folder name to "projects" and start customizing it. When I go to my "projects" folder, however, only the parent task shows "projects" in the folder name column. The 5 subtasks still show "template" as the folder name. The same happens when I change the "context".
My question is: how do I change the details of the task and have them copy to all the subtasks? (for example, context, priority, status, etc)

Thanks a bunch!
-G

This message was edited Sep 15, 2010.
Salgud

Posted by gshowden:
Can the "folder" column be hidden?

No.

My question is: how do I change the details of the task and have them copy to all the subtasks?

I almost commented on this in the forums today, but didn't have time. I think the instructions are misleading. You have to clone each individual task in the template, not just the super-task. It's a pretty standard request, and I believe on the master list, to change this and make it so that the subtasks inherit the properties (folder, tags, contexts, goals, etc) of the supertask.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2010.
gshowden

Wow- that was fast. Thanks for the reply.
-G
alexborne

Posted: Sep 16, 2010
Regarding your first question, I would add : the column is there to allow you to change the project name attached to a particular task, which you couldn't do otherwise. It would feel unnatural to have to switch to another than "folder" view to change the folder of a particular task, I think.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.