ForumsQuestionsBetter Due Date sorting

Better Due Date sorting
michael.emery

Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I use Appigo to access ToodleDo on my iPhone, and the due date sort headings are; Today, Tomorrow, Next Seven Days, and Future. This is great, but the best sub-headings that I can get out of ToodleDo are "Due October" (current month) and "No Due Date". This isn't very helpful - am I missing something?

I have tried finding better options in both the Main View and the Folders View but there don't appear to be any. I'm also not a fan of the "Importance" sort headings as an alternative to better due date headings.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Have you tried going to the Due-Date view? This has tabs across the top with "Overdue", "Today", "Tomorrow", etc
michael.emery

I saw that, but what I was hoping for was the same headings in the folder and main views when I sort them by due date. Is this possible?
g.stoel

Posted: Oct 21, 2008
I do agree with michael here, that this is one of the things I also miss in Toodledo from the web point of view (not specifically iPhone web).

If I look at my tasks for this week, I would like to have them divided per day for overview sake. offcourse the info can be accessed through the tabs in the due date view.

The To-Do app on my iPhone does this very well and it really gives me an idea I am in control.

Regards,

Geoffrey
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 21, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add this to our todo list.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 22, 2008
We have updated the dividers when sorting by due-date or start-date to have sections for tasks that are overdue, due today, due tomorrow, and due in the next week.

Thanks for the suggestion.
michael.emery

Posted: Oct 22, 2008
Can I just say WOW! You've implemented this suggestion less than 2 days after I suggested it!! That is absolutely phenomenal!!!

Thanks guys, you are absolutely amazing!!! :-D
g.stoel

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
I am flabbergasted too.... that's great work...

thinking of what else I would like to plug here in the forum :)
Acustk

Posted by Toodledo:
We have updated the dividers when sorting by due-date or start-date to have sections for tasks that are overdue, due today, due tomorrow, and due in the next week.

A nice improvement. Thanks.

This lets you immediately see first thing in the morning what is due today. Also, seeing the "overdue" label compels you to either get those things done or get them rescheduled.

Great idea.
quilnmous

I missed this whole thread, and logged in to my main view, and wow! I saw these new dividers. My tasks on my Hotlist just pops out at me now with these new groupings, as I intuitively wonder what is overdue and what is specifically for today. Thanks so much to "michael.emery" for suggesting it, and to Toodledo for making this update. It's great!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.