ForumsQuestionsGoogle G3 Phone

Google G3 Phone
slsgtd

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Will you be producing a version for the Google G3 phone?
Jeremy

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
See the t-mobile G1 response.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 24, 2008
Sorry, but we can't keep up with all the new phones that are constantly coming out. But someone made an Android application that syncs with Toodledo. That should work on the Google G3 phone, right?

Here's the link:

http://edouardmercier.fr/toodo/download
kenbeyond

Posted: Oct 24, 2008
How quick it is for those guys to build an android application for toodledo.

But from the techcrunch statistics,android has more productivity applications than iphone has.
Jeremy

Posted: Oct 28, 2008
I tried the application "Toodo" for android and I could not get it to bring in my tasks. It looks like it may have some promise in the future.

Until that time, can you attempt to port the google widget to android? I believe that this may be a simple process and that google has provided a tool to do this. It would offer you exposure to a similar demographic (early reports show that G1 users are the same as iPhone users) and an opportunity to bring on more accounts while conserving your resources.

***Posted using my shiny new G1 from T-Mobile powered by Android***
slsgtd

Posted: Oct 29, 2008
I believe that the Android IS the Google G3 phone. PLEASE!!!! create some way of using Toodledo equivalent to the iPhone.
Jeremy

Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Just to clarify...

Android is a linux based operating system for mobile devices. Developed by google and later by the open handset alliance. (It's like the Windows Mobile OS inside of a Windows Mobile Smartphone). Its open source so its supposed to be cheaper and quicker to develop for. Google owns the code.

Google search, calendar, maps, and gmail are integrated throughout the phone. Easy to call it the "google phone"

The T-Mobile G1 phone is the only phone that currently uses Android.

HTC is the manufacturer of the T-Mobile G1.

T-Mobile is turning on their 3G network in conjuction with the launch of the G1.

I hope that clears up this thread.
alain.tuor

Posted: Jun 04, 2009
Just wondering, is anything going on to develop Tooddledo for Android? Phones are there; I have it on my iPod, but looking forward to buying a new mobile with Android, and Toodledo is sort of a 'prerequisite', wouldn't like to have always my phone + iPod, if possible ;-) cheers
Anders

Posted by alain.tuor:
Just wondering, is anything going on to develop Tooddledo for Android?

There is a third party Toodledo app for Android: http://edouardmercier.fr/toodo/download
garyo

TooDo (Edouard Mercier's app) may be dead. He hasn't updated anything since March. It no longer works with Cupcake (Android 1.5). I would certainly like to see a working todo app that syncs with ToodleDo! I'm using the web version now, but if I'm in the subway that doesn't help.
alain.tuor

Posted: Jun 15, 2009
Any comment from Toodledo guys ? The new HTC Magic just came out here in Switzerland, and also UK and some other countries; so we'll see more and more 'Androids' will you develop an Android (Java) version ? Please ;-)
Anders

Posted: Jun 15, 2009
Hmmm... A java app could be multiplatform, couldn't it? That would be pretty cool.

~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 16, 2009
We are focusing our energies on the iPhone right now and are leaving the other mobile platforms up for grabs for developers. There are some third-party developers that have already made apps. There is TooDo for Android and there is a Blackberry app in beta. If anyone else wants to make one, let us know.
alain.tuor

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
I understand you don't want to develop an app, saying that others can.
Just as an imput, it's not just about sync with Toodledo, it's that your app is, in my opinion, better than the others... I bought it for my iPod, and I'd even pay a second time to get it on the HTC with Android... but well, up to you to choose whether or not
alain.tuor

Posted: Jun 21, 2009
I tested Toodo on Android, but I think it still needs fixing', it crashes on my HTC Magic :-/
alain.tuor

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Hope someone will bring out something, I even tried to copy some tasks to RTM and Sync with Astrid, but it really doesn't give me what I expected, Toodledoo is, for me, much better, if I had time and energy (and also better programming skills) I'd dive into a dev. process; there doesn't need to be a complex app, something simple would do. There is, today, no working app for Android based phones

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009.
kenbeyond

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
There is an app in the market called "Toodledroid" fit in the demand.
wtoddk

Posted: Oct 07, 2009
As previously mentioned, Toodo seems to be dead...I also downloaded Toodledroid, but it is much less pretty or user-friendly as the original Toodledo iPhone app. I also have paid for the Toodledo iPhone app, and would gladly pay again for an Android version.

Come on Toodle do...it can't be that difficult to make an Android version! :)

Cheers
Vin Thomas

Posted: Oct 07, 2009
I would also love to see an Android app. Since my work pays for my phone, I am stuck with Verizon. They just announced a couple Android phones, so I think this is the direction I will be heading...unless they get the iPhone when the AT&T contract runs out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.