ForumsQuestionsTrouble Backing-Up / Restoring -- ics -- Starting Date of Tasks

Trouble Backing-Up / Restoring -- ics -- Starting Date of Tasks
lawlist

Posted: Oct 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
My goal is to back-up and restore WITHOUT the tasks having a starting date. What happens (when I restore BusyCal from a backup and then use Appigo Sync Mac, and the same goes true when I export an ics from Toodledo Tools / Services and re-import the ics) is that the Toodledo tasks which did not have starting dates before the backup-up suddenly have start dates assigned to all of them that are the same as the due date. Then, there is no way that I can see to remove all of the starting dates in one fell swoop (I have 200 tasks). Because iCal/Mail and BusyCal do not support starting dates, Toodledo tasks containing starting dates are problematic when I use either iCal/Mail or BusyCal to modify tasks on the Mac, which on Toodledo contain starting dates (i.e., the starting dates don't change, only the ending dates change -- so the solution is to make sure no tasks have starting dates). The goal is to have no starting dates in my backup or when restoring from a backup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Have you tried our XML backup/restore options? I just tested this and it did not cause start-dates to be set when there wasn't one to begin with. If I read your question correctly, I think this is happening to you because you are using the iCal export option as your backup, which is not what it was intended to be. The iCal file will calculate the start-date of a task based on it's due-date, time and length as described here. This is so that tasks appear on third-party calendars properly. Without setting a start-date in the iCal file, everything would show up as an all-day event.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.