ForumsQuestionsDon't delete *Dones* ??

Don't delete *Dones* ??
blueflash

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way? . . .
there a way for checked tasks to be shown, or not, but not be deleted? My application is (e.g.) a checklist for closing down the house before leaving on vacation. I'd like to check off tasks as I do them, and have them be not-shown. But then, later, be able to uncheck all of them so the list is ready for the next go-around.
TIA,
Don
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2010
You could do this with a repeating task, and a series of subtasks where the subtasks are set to "repeat with parent". Then use the "hide completed tasks" filter. When you are ready to regenerate the checklist, just check off the parent task, which will cause it to be repeated with all of its subtasks unchecked.
Linden

What I like to do for this sort of thing is create a template parent task with subtasks, and mark it "reference". Then, for your example, when you're planning your vacation, you can clone the parent and everything's ready to use!
Andrew A

Yeah, that mirrors the advice here as well:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=84
blueflash

Thanx, I'll try templates. That looks like a solution.
Don
blueflash

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
OK, I upgraded to Pro to get subtasks & do templates.
Am I correct that you can only *subtask* one level deep? i.e., subtasks can't have subtasks.

It seems that if I drag a subtask out to make it a regular task, it goes up to the first folder rather than staying in the folder of the task of which it used to be a sub. True?

TIA
Don
SRhyse

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Yep. One level of subtasks. Dragging one out makes it a standalone task with the same attributes it had as a subtask.
blueflash

Posted: Nov 13, 2010
Posted by Linden:
What I like to do for this sort of thing is create a template parent task with subtasks, and mark it "reference". Then, for your example, when you're planning your vacation, you can clone the parent and everything's ready to use!

So, it seems that a Template is really just a concept? e.g., a task with subtasks that you clone.
If so, I'd like to prevent myself from inadvertently editing or Completing that Template. Is there a way to make a Task Read-Only, or Undeletable?
TIA
Don
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.