ForumsQuestionshide future task filters

hide future task filters
HansD

Posted: Oct 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
in my account settings I have the future tasks set to 3 months.
When in the task view, eg by status, I have the hide future tasks filter on, it won't show tasks starting tomorrow and due that same day. That is not what I expect.
alexandremrj_2

From the help section:

"How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?

There are several ways to hide tasks that are due in the future.
Give your task a start date.
Give your task a due date that is far enough in the future that your global "Hide Future Tasks" account setting is triggered.
Give your task a due date more than 1 week in the future and use a due date modifier.
In all of these cases, you can hide or reveal these future tasks by toggling the "Hide Future Tasks" filter."

So, what that means to me is: If your task has a start date in the future (tomorrow) then it's a future task and its hidden. The global setting is for the due date.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010.
HansD

Hmm, it seems you are correct.

But it bugs me that tomorrows (start and due) tasks are also hidden by this filter
alexandremrj_2

It has a certain point, if the task only starts tomorrow then it's best if it doesn't cloud your view because it will only be tomorrow - of course you can always see it in the calendar.
Alan

Seems logical to me. I don't want to look at tasks that I cannot or have chosen not to start until the date that I set as the start date.
Salgud

Posted: Oct 28, 2010
Posted by Alan:
Seems logical to me. I don't want to look at tasks that I cannot or have chosen not to start until the date that I set as the start date.

You can do that with a Saved Search, which is how I do it. I never use the Hotlist because I can't set it to not show future tasks, including tasks starting tomorrow. The Search Criteria I use for that are:

And
Due Date is before tomorrow
Or
Start Date is before tomorrow

Of course, this is just part of the criteria, there are also Context and Status criteria, based on my system. This gives me a long list I call "Today" of everyting that I might work on today, from which I Star the tasks I'm actually planning to work on today for my "Star" list.

I also have the Search page as my starting page since I spend most of my time there.

HTH

This message was edited Oct 28, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.