ForumsQuestionsHow to assign tasks to people without Toodledo accounts

How to assign tasks to people without Toodledo accounts
philip

Posted: Oct 29, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Hi,

love Toodledo... but for a variety of reasons I can't expect all the people I work with to sign up for Toodledo accounts (not interested, lazy, technophobic, etc.). I need to assign them tasks though; so I can keep track of pending or waiting tasks that must be actioned by other people.

I have been using tags for this for now, but tags in the Toodledo web interface are a bit awkward because I don't get a list of all the tags available when I create new tasks, I only see the most recent tags. I also have no central console for managing tags like there is for contexts, goals, etc..

The iPhone app is better in this regard. I can see and manage tags much more effectively.

In any case, is there a way to assign a task to someone even if they are not yet a Toodledo member?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
It is not possible to assign a task to someone who doesn't have a Toodledo account, but you can put their name in a tag, or make a folder for them.
davemackey

Posted: Feb 21, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I'd love to see a feature like this (ability to assign tasks to non-members)! I'm looking at purchasing the Pro Plus account very soon and would probably be willing to pay an extra $10 if this feature was included (you can call it "Ultimate"). Perhaps Toodledo would send them an email, when they had feedback they could click the link to update the task - without logging in. Of course, theoretically, someone could access the link - but this would be unlikely since only those it was shared with would have it.
Dave.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
neilatl

Posted: Feb 23, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Please add this request for me as well! Before migrating to iPhone I used "To-Do Matrix" and although I was not a fan of their dated online interface, it would allow tasks to be assigned. In addition, I like the ability to have buttons that allow a task alarm to "snooze" for a defined period of time. For example, I enjoyed the ability to snooze a task for 5 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours. I think this would be a nice addition to your outstanding product. I have rated this app "5 stars" and will continue to do so, most due to the functionality of the software and a concerned and dedicated customer support staff. Thank you for your time.
neilatl

Posted: Feb 23, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
In regard to the requested enhancement to Toodledo for task delegation, here is an example that may prove to be of use as you consider this enhancement:

Due Date: <Date task is due> Due Time: <Time task is due>

<DROP DOWN MENUS>
Priority: <Wishlist, Low, Normal, High, Critical>
Status: <Summary, Not Started, Evaluation, Next Action, In Progress, Waiting, On Hold, Near Completion, Done>

Delegate: Not Delegated, <Drop-down list with delgate name options from address book>

Delegate Due Date: <Date that task is due from delegate>
Time: <Time that task is due from delegate>

Task: <Text of task description>
Chars Left:

Alert 1 <Three Separate Task Alert Options>
Alert 2
Alert 3

** Once task is completed, delegate information is selected, the the "Done" button would automatically email the task assigned to the delegate for completion.

Thanks again for your consideration and I hope this example helps to explain one method for integrating delegates and delegated tasks to your software.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.