ForumsQuestionsAssign and sharing task to a collaborator by iphone/upad app

Assign and sharing task to a collaborator by iphone/upad app
Andrea Boaretti

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello!!is possible to assign a task by an ipad or iphone application?? i'm using 2do app but i'm not able to use this feature...can you help me? i've share a folder by my collegues and i have to able to assign them a task!!

thanks

Andrea
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Collaboration is not yet supported in our iOS app, but we plan to add it in a future update.
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
The Toodledo iPhone app was introduced on Oct 07, 2008, and still does not support "collaboration".

This message was edited Nov 12, 2010.
Technocrap

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Purveyor:
hey ...?

I preferred much better you first post, !!!

Also We supposedly have a full time iPhone developer but he hasn't done anything yet in ~4 month. (not that I care about the app)
Purveyor

Posted by Technocrap:
I preferred much better you first post, !!!
It addressed more than just the iPhone app.
casmussen2

Posted: Dec 25, 2010
Collaboration via iPhone is a greatly missed feature IMHO - please implement it soon! I am a great fan of Toodledo and use it for collaboration both at home and at work, but it would be much better if all collaborators could see, add, check, edit, and take ovnership of common tasks on the go (i.e. on the iPhone).
zdavila

Posted: Jan 03, 2011
I am really interested in the collaboration feature on my IPAD. Does anyone know if Toodledo is already working on this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 04, 2011
We are working on this.
melissa.reed

Posted: Jan 06, 2011
Short term fix for the iPhone/iPad - work around the app and create a new shortcut button on your home screen of the actual ToodleDo website.

But yes, that really needs to be fixed. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE APP!!
Nick Wild

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
+1 for this please
Y Shirazi

Posted: Mar 24, 2011
I can't believe this isn't a feature. This is just plain stupid. Who made that decision??
jmaddox1978

Posted: Jun 27, 2011
I am glad I read this, was getting ready to purchase apps/accounts for our entire admin team. If i hadn't read this, I would have been out a lot of money for an overrated notebook app.

This app would be extremely useful if this simple funtionality was turned on.
kristofferalpsjo

Posted: Aug 23, 2011
I bought 2 pro subscriptions yesterday and I was surprised and disappointed to see that assigning tasks was not possible on the iphone app.

This means me and my collborators will need to sit in front of a computer to assign tasks.

Which in turn means the app is not useful for us.

When is this feature planned to be released? I had a look around here and see that it's been requested for years!

Thanks
Kristoffer
bendruitt

Posted: Oct 04, 2011
As well as iOS collaboration here's some other points on Toodledo collaboration features:

* Shared folders (from others) should have an option such as 'appear local' so that they appear in your normal folder list. This way you can collaborate more seemlessly without switching 'workspaces'.

* After you create a task you can only assign it to another user, not another users folder. Very easy to fix this one!

Other than that, a life changing web service.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
jennings.michele

Posted: Jan 27, 2012
Please implement ability to assign tasks and view collaborators!

It's now been more than a year since Toodledo said they "are working on it" and that it will be implemented "soon".

I just purchased another pro account for my admin assistant, but it is useless for half of my work day, as I am on my iPad or iPhone rather than computer.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 27, 2012
It is a very tough problem, but I assure you that we are working on it still.
INTi Realty, LLC

Posted: Jan 28, 2012
I found the best work around feature to do this. Go to Tool > More and configure the import/export email feature by creating a secret toodledo email address.

I am able to assigned a task from my iphone to my partner by emailing to his toodledo email address (the subject of the email becomes the task. You can also set the priority, due-date, folder, note and other fields) Good luck

On the other hand, I do agree that Toodledo needs to implement the permanent feature soon!!!

This message was edited Jan 28, 2012.
Al Briggs

Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
+1
Cameron Goble

Posted: Apr 30, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Also +1. Collaboration and mobility are a powerful combo, and one that I expected to be able to use when I purchased the pro account and the app. Very disappointing to have to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Come on guys! You said it's on your To-Do list! Don't you specialize in making to-do lists more effective so THINGS GET DONE?

This message was edited Apr 30, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.