ForumsQuestionsGadgets for Gmail?

Gadgets for Gmail?
Vin Thomas

Posted: Feb 11, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Just wanted to throw my hat in this ring. It would be a great addition. Especially if there was someway to do link tasks to emails like other services we won't speak of :)

Thanks a ton for your awesome work!
mcgrawian

Posted: Feb 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Seems like you should just be able to make the font smaller on your iGoogle gadget to satisfy those of us who would like a workable solution quickly. Putting an iGoogle gadget into gMail is now a snap.
le.sosnowski

Posted: Feb 20, 2009
+1 to the gmail request ... I'm having a hard time leaving RTM behind because they do gmail!
MGE

Posted: Feb 21, 2009
+1 to the gmail request... I would like to see it...
Alan

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Personally,I'm OK with the Toodledo sidebar when I use Firefox. It's the same thing.
MGE

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
The advantage of using a GMail gadget would be that you don't need to install anything on your local PC (i.e. Firefox plugin), if you are logged into GMail you would have access to your Toodledo list. Especially useful when you are a roaming user...

Marko
Alex

Posted: Feb 25, 2009
Yes please - the firefox side bar is ugly and distracting
Alan

Posted: Feb 25, 2009
Posted by m.genzel:
The advantage of using a GMail gadget would be that you don't need to install anything on your local PC (i.e. Firefox plugin), if you are logged into GMail you would have access to your Toodledo list. Especially useful when you are a roaming user...

Marko

Good point - didn't think of that. OK - I vote for it.
ryssalee

Posted: Feb 27, 2009
Even though Toodledo doesn't have a specific gadget for Gmail yet, you can use the Google Labs feature to install the current iGoogle gadget into your Gmail.

You will need to be using Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Safari 3.0+, or Google Chrome for this to work.

1. Under Settings, find the tab for Labs. Scroll down until you see "Add any gadget by URL" (it was at the very bottom for me). Choose "Enable" and then "Save Changes".

2. Now under Settings there should be a new tab called "Gadgets". In the URL box enter: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/igoogle.php and hit "Add".
caroline

Posted: Feb 27, 2009
Just adding a resounding YES to this request. ToodleDo is a terrific App, and I've moved to it exclusively. Then I got to thinking how wonderful it would be to have gmail integration. Please, please, please make the Gmail Gadget a top priority. That would make my organized life truly complete!
saskia.x

Posted: Mar 01, 2009
Posted by ryssalee:
Even though Toodledo doesn't have a specific gadget for Gmail yet, you can use the Google Labs feature to install the current iGoogle gadget into your Gmail.

This would be a good workaround if it weren't for two things:

1. The slim Toodledo interface doesn't actually fit in the gmail navbar. Now, if there was a mini version of the slim interface (basically exactly the same but with a much smaller font), this would not only do as a gmail gadget, but would also satisfy the users who've asked for a smaller font in the iGoogle gadget.

2. Ideally, a "real" Toodledo gmail gadget would have more of a link with gmail, like gmail's own task list, rather than just being a standalone gadget that doesn't interact with google. RTM's gmail firefox extension seems like a good implementation of this (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/); to be honest, things like this are *almost* enough to tempt me away from Toodledo, although I like Toodledo too much (and I've invested too much time in it) to defect now. Every so often I go and have a play around with RTM, but I keep coming back here, so Toodledo must be doing something right! :)
Alex

Posted: Mar 10, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
The one place that I can count on seeing several times a day is g-mail. I'm just not going to a separate Toodledo tab often enough through the day and this is causing me not to "trust" my system.

I think that I will have to port over to RTM and their g-mail gadget while anxiously waiting for one for Toodledo.
Andy

Posted: Mar 12, 2009
Me too. I think this would be fantastic, and would probably make me switch from RTM.
Guillermo

Posted: Mar 12, 2009
Posted by saskia.x:
Posted by ryssalee:

This would be a good workaround if it weren't for two things:

1. The slim Toodledo interface doesn't actually fit in the gmail navbar. Now, if there was a mini version of the slim interface (basically exactly the same but with a much smaller font), this would not only do as a gmail gadget, but would also satisfy the users who've asked for a smaller font in the iGoogle gadget.

2. Ideally, a "real" Toodledo gmail gadget would have more of a link with gmail, like gmail's own task list, rather than just being a standalone gadget that doesn't interact with google. RTM's gmail firefox extension seems like a good implementation of this (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/); to be honest, things like this are *almost* enough to tempt me away from Toodledo, although I like Toodledo too much (and I've invested too much time in it) to defect now. Every so often I go and have a play around with RTM, but I keep coming back here, so Toodledo must be doing something right! :)

I agree completly!
Prashant

Posted: May 05, 2009
Any update on gmail gadget?
Anders

Posted by Prashant:
Any update on gmail gadget?

You can actually get the iGoogle gadget on your gmail page. Go to settings in gmail, then go to google labs. There is an option to allow for any widget to be displayed in gmail (all the way at the bottom of the labs list). Check it off, and go back to setting. Now you should have a gadgets tab in settings. Go to the gadgets tab and add this URL: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/igoogle.php
I'm not sure, but you probably have to have it set up for iGoogle first (import/export/sync on the left bar here), before it can be added to gmail.
Anders

FYI, for Firefox users, there are also a number of addons that allow for closer integration of gcal with gmail, and since Toodledo can be incorporated nicely into gcal, that is another good option. Of course if you have Firefox, then you might as well just get the Toodledo addon. I guess the message here is that if you don't use Firefox, you are only hurting yourself.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 2 Reference
We are still working on the gmail gadget.
olof

Posted: May 11, 2009
...and I would like to add myself to the list of pol who are very happy to hear that.
Tommy Keene

Posted: May 12, 2009
You can put the toodledo iGoogle gadget into your gmail by enabling labs, then enabling the "add Gadget by URL." Go to the Gadgets tab and add this url: "http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google.php"

The Font is too big, but hey, it works.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.