ForumsQuestionsDisplaying tagged lists

Displaying tagged lists
kathy

Posted: Nov 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Now, for my next question.

From reading the description and statements about how I could use tags as a way to "tag" things in multiple ways, I was surprised when I looked at how the sort by tag worked.

I was expecting each tag to have it's own heading and to list all tags underneath it. This is from the "All Tasks" view. And yes, this would mean some tasks show up more than once if they have one than one tag. But, instead, it treated the tag list more as a string.

For example,

Task 1: tagged bills, ongoing
Task 2: tagged bills
Task 3: tagged ongoing

I was expecting:

bills:
- task 1
- task 2
ongoing
- task 1
- task 3

What I got:

bills:
- task 1
bills, ongoing:
- task 2
ongoing:
- task 3

Yes, I have found the tag view (as opposed to sorting by tag under the task view). Which will mostly work. But I was surprised at the way tags were sorted under "All Tasks" since it makes it seem more like a title than a tag.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 27, 2010
The tag view is the way to slice and dice by tags. Sorting by tags will do it the way that you have discovered because otherwise, a task could appear on the screen multiple times (once in each tag group) and this is currently a technical limitation of our software. A task can only appear on the screen once, otherwise changes to that task are not updated in all copies on the screen.
kathy

Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Okay, thanks for the info.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.