ForumsQuestionslocation alerts

location alerts
t2afff

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
hi,
i've just upgraded to the latest version. I'm trying to setup location alerts but not having any luck. From the help section on my iphone it says "turn on 'get alerts' switch" but i can't find that switch.
can anyone point me in the right direction. ?
thanks
Purveyor

Location alerts?
Do you mean that you want your iPhone to alert you when you go to a location that has an active task?
Toodledo does not have this feature.

Alerts in Toodledo are based on the time interval that you specify before the Due Time.
t2afff

really, ? i'm confused now, because the update said 'location alerts coming soon' before this update, and in the help section it offers this information :

"Toodledo has the ability to monitor your location and then notify you when you are near places where you have tasks that can get done."

"To get location alerts, you need to go into the "Location" settings section. First, enable "Auto", which will allow Toodledo to automatically get your location from the GPS. Then turn on the "Get Alerts" switch, which will start sending you popup audible alerts when you are near one of your locations. You can also select the distance within which you will be notified.
"

This message was edited Dec 02, 2010.
Purveyor

Hmmm ... you're right.

But there's no "Get Alerts" switch.

Seems to me that the Help info in the iPhone app is ahead of what's actually been implemented in the app. Unless both of us are missing something ...

BTW, I couldn't find any documentation about Locations in the website Help.

t2afff

good to know that you can't find it either....

pretty stoked about this feature it's going to save me so much time.

i wonder if it's not in the website help yet because it's coming to a few devices first before a systemwide rollout.
Purveyor

Just curious, though, how is this feature going to save you time?
t2afff

Well, when i am leaving work, I usually walk past shops where i need stuff but am I still preoccupied with the days work. It's only when i get to my train that i remember and either have to walk back, or leave it until the next day. There are also some things that I need to do in places I visit infrequently. I often find myself on the way back, or actually at home when I remember those things I could have done. An alert when I am in those place will be really handy. I've also got things i've been planning to do for months on a back burner type of thing, that I rarely think about. Being reminded of those things when I am in the right location make them much more likely to be completed.

Jake

Toodledo Founder
We updated the documentation ahead of the actual feature by accident. Location alerts are working and are undergoing final testing before we release it. Sorry for the delay.
Purveyor

Okay.

On the website, though, the documentation is way behind.

When will there be a Help topic about Locations?
t2afff

ok .. thanks ..
that's great news / looking forward to testing it out.
ed1chandler

Posted: Dec 03, 2010
Sorry, I'm not following, ... so the documentation is updated and the site lets you create locations and assign locations to tasks. However, I'm not able to do the following:

1) Unable to select Location to make it a "used" field on the iPhone app (in the Fields and Defaults settings). I touch "Location" at the bottom of the list of unused fields but it's not added to the list of used fields.

2) Location-based alerts aren't working on the phone. I don't know if that's because the feature isn't available yet or because I can't make location a "used" field or what.

Just a little clarification would go a long way, please.

Thanks in advance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 04, 2010
1) You need to drag the unused field up to the used section.
2) Location based alerts are not enabled yet. They are undergoing final testing and will be in an update soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.