ForumsQuestionsChrome Web Store

Chrome Web Store
andrew.yeh.10

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Will a toodledo web app be released in the chrome web store sometime soon?

Thx.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 10, 2010
Probably not soon, but it is on our to-do list. We want to wait and see if it is popular first.
CyberAM

Posted: Dec 11, 2010
I make a post on another section about this. (Ups? Should have searched first. Sorry)

I think Google WebStore is a great place for people to know Toodledo. I tried the WebStore and I was amazed with some great services that there was.

It's a great way to find new services. And most of the apps there, are just Bookmarks to WebApps. So, I think, shouldn't be too dificult to make.

In my opinion, there should be a WebApp in the WebStore for Toodledo. The sooner the better because it's a great way for people to find Toodledo and fall in love with it. (like me)

And I really would love to have a Toodledo icon on my WebApps on my Google Chrome.
Christian Roth

Posted: Dec 20, 2010
even better would be of course a "proper" Chrome app with offline access. yummie :-)
fred.ngbs

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
There is a ToodleChrome extension available on Chrome Web Store - coded by Eliot Che. Is that kosher? I installed it and now having second thoughts..
eliot

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
I'm the author of ToodleChrome. The extension doesn't use the API, so it doesn't need any username/password info.

If you want to use the badge (not required), it does require access to your Toodledo RSS feed.

Let me know if you have any questions; or if you have any feature requests. I make the extension in my spare time (for fun), but always consider feedback.

Apart from that, I'd love to see a Toodledo App in the Chrome Web Store!
johnwin

Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Eliot,

Just a note to say thanks for the extension. I've been using it for a month or two now and love it.

A web clipper to add either the selected text or a whole page to toodledo would be great. Not sure if this can be done without using the API though.

toodledo,

I also would love a webapp version for chrome. Please.
andrew.yeh.10

Posted: Feb 04, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
never mind. Don't put toodledo on the web store yet: if it gets a 1-3 star, it will be hurt rather than helped by the web store. The people who forget that links are web apps and the people who don't like the UI will both dislike toodledo.

For people who want toodledo on the new tab page, copy the following and save it as "manifest.json". Then find a 128px*128px image and save it in the same folder as "128.png" (I use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/img/obhefmbclkekanpjjpkbciloojcmpkap/1294968799.07/logo128/1?itemtype=app). Go to chrome tools->extensions->developer mode->load unpacked extension->browse to folder containing the manifest and image. The toodledo web app is now on your new tab page.

{
"name": "Toodledo",
"description": "Todo",
"version": "1.0",
"icons": {
"128": "128.png"
},
"app": {
"urls": [
"http://www.toodledo.com/"
],
"launch": {
"web_url": "http://www.toodledo.com"
}
},
"permissions": [
"unlimitedStorage",
"notifications"
]
}

This message was edited Feb 05, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.