ForumsQuestionsEditing tasks

Editing tasks
apaul01

Posted: Apr 03, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Once I have added a task to my list, how do I edit it? I would like specifically to edit/add to at least the notes. What am I missing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2008
To edit a field, just click on it.

To edit/add a note, click the icon on the right side of the task that looks like this:

This message was edited Apr 04, 2008.
Colin A

Posted: Apr 04, 2008
The only problem with that is when you have a number of columns that means you have to scroll across the screen (losing sight of the actual task name)...it would be great if you could order the columns in whatever order you wanted (or have some other way of opening up the notes...that's the worst one since you can't just click and get a drop down like the rest...unless you scroll all the way to the right)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can re-order the columns in any order that you want. Just click the icon that looks like this:
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You might also consider removing columns that you don't use to make it fit better on a smaller screen. You can remove unused columns in your account settings.

Hope that helps
Colin A

Posted: Apr 05, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Removing the columns isn't much help as I don't have anything I don't use - but I didn't know I could resize and move them so thanks!

Unfortunately you can't move the notes column...but resizing the others means that I don't have to scroll now.
ju9or

Posted: Jun 20, 2008
I would very much like to see a button that opens a task for editing where all the fields are shown (similar to how the slim version works).
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
You could consider trying the Multi-Line view (changeable in Account Settings). It takes a bit of getting used to, in order to get used to using it efficiently, but I feel it's well worth it. Think outside the box--err, grid! :P

But seriously, I like seeing just my tasks listed without all the details (until I need the details). I love the minimalistic look, and the effect of changing what I'm sorting by: it changes what one parameter I see along with the task.

And because it's so minimalistic, there's no need for horizontal scrolling.

And it kinda does what ju9or says: there's a button that opens a task so that all the fields are shown.

But it seems like most people here like the grid view. Hmm.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.