ForumsQuestionsSearch question - Tasks due before tomorrow

Search question - Tasks due before tomorrow
dwight

Posted: Jan 14, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I have refined a search that works for me - with one exception. When I choose due before tomorrow, the actual date is inserted into the search. I would like to save the search as "due before tomorrow" so I don't have to edit the date each time. Is there a way to hard code "tomorrow"?
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
Type "tomorrow" in the date field instead of choosing a date from the calendar.
dwight

Thanks - I swear I tried that. Working great now !
Dalker

Posted: Jan 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I didn't know one could do that, and having the same kind of issue had found a convoluted workaround using a combinationof other date tests. This is so much simpler!

Suggestion: Why not make it the default that pressing "Today" and "Tomorrow" buttons when creating a saved search actually places the words in the corresponding field, rather than the date? This is probably what most poeple want from a saved search.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2011.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 18, 2011
Posted by Dalker:
I didn't know one could do that, and having the same kind of issue had found a convoluted workaround using a combinationof other date tests. This is so much simpler!

Suggestion: Why not make it the default that pressing "Today" and "Tomorrow" buttons when creating a saved search actually places the words in the corresponding field, rather than the date? This is probably what most poeple want from a saved search.

I think having "today" or "tomorrow" automatically inserted would be confusing. Sometimes that's what I want, but most of the time, I mean today's date or tomorrow's date.

Which brings up the issue of the date picker. I've seen other posts identifying the current date picker as awkward, and I agree. It's one of the UI pieces that need improvement badly. I would like to see it revamped into a more intuitive format, which would include some obvious way to select "today" as in Jan 18, and "today" as in the current day.
PeterW 

Yes, and I'd like it if the tab key moved you through the reminder fields. At present the popup disappears as soon as you tab off the time field. So for keyboarders, you have to use the mouse to get to these fields (if enabled).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.