ForumsQuestionsCan the date picker be OPTIONAL?

Can the date picker be OPTIONAL?
M

Posted: Jan 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
If I've missed past conversations here about why the date picker is used, by others (I've searched, but found only a few conversations that didn't seem to relate), forgive me -- but is it possible to TURN OFF the date picker?

I find it gets in the way of my moving quickly through my list like a spreadsheet (I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser, and am already having trouble editing quickly, in Chrome.).

I'd prefer it NOT come up, and I be able to enter either a specific date, or "+7" for "in 7 days" or "3 months from now" (e.g., "Autodates," in Outlook).

Is this a user-selectable preference (or can it be) OR, at the least, is there an easy, non-mouse-dependent way to make that picker disappear so that I can just enter a date?

Thanks
PeterW 

There is no preference to turn off the date picker. I've always just tabbed through the fields and the calendar popup closes as soon as I tab off it. This works both when adding a new task and editing an existing task.
M

I have a netbook with a low resolution display. When that calendar popup comes up, it blocks much of the rest of the info on my task. This came up when trying to remove due dates from tasks that don't REALLY have a due date, and I wanted to put the due date in the start date field. When the popup came up on start date, I couldn't see due date anymore! So tabbing off it works, but I then have to back-tab to it (which just doesn't seem to work well, for me, in Google Chrome), once I get the due date. Or I have to resort to mousing, which I hate.

Just an explanation...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 16, 2011
It is not currently possible to disable the date picker. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.