ForumsQuestionsNotes mixup. Sync problem?

Notes mixup. Sync problem?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Nov 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I just had the notes from one of my tasks appear inexplicably in another task. I'm wondering if there might have been a sync problem that could do that, or some other issue? I'm concerned because I make heavy use of the notes. I'm confident I didn't accidently cut and paste, or similar.

The note that seems to have been overwritten was not that important to me--so no harm done. But I'm concerned that I might have a problem that could cause real issues.

In case you are able to look at the actual tasks in my account: The task that seems to have had its notes copied is "Jocelyn 8617 W--communicate to chuck, request earnest straight to title". The entirety of the notes from this task suddenly showed up in the note field for "Call Agents for feedback on listings", which contained just a couple lines of notes from two calls I had made.

I have the iPhone Toodledo app installed. I don't remember using this afternoon, but I might have without thinking about it. Any insight into this?

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008.
Brian Matlock_1343862228 Post deleted
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Nov 22, 2008
I think I found the source of my problem: I had inadvertantly opened two instances of Toodledo using two separate broswers. (I was having connection problems, and wasn't sure if the problem was the browser, the service, or my connection and opened a second broswer to test it). I'm sure I used both browsers throughout the day not realizing I had another instance open. I found at the end of the day that extensive notes I had added to several tasks were suddenly "missing", an obvious result of having added them in another instance of Toodledo actively open on my desktop.

Do you think that would also explain the earlier problem I indicate in this post (cross indexing of notes)?

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2008
I'm not sure that having two browser windows open would cause the problems that you are talking about unless you are editing the note of the same task in both windows. Then maybe. In any case, lets hope it is an isolated incident. I can't think of any other reason why a note would jump from one task to another. There isn't even a mechanism for this that could be accidentally triggered. Very, strange
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Dec 02, 2008
OK. I'm now suspecting that these are separate issues, the first one (overwritten notes) being the only one of real concern. It hasn't repeated.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.