ForumsQuestionsStarting to muse a gtd-based toodledo

Starting to muse a gtd-based toodledo
zntneo

Posted: Feb 02, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Ok i have been procrastinating on this for a while but i finally did it. I read through https://www.toodledo.com/info/gtd.php and implemented as much as i could. I have multiple contexts and folders (as projects makes sense to me). A question i have that is mildly covered in the above link is what to do as the day goes on. What i mean is what does a day in the my gtd-based life look like?
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 02, 2011
Toodledo can be used in a variety of ways so this is a difficult question to answer.

Before you get too much further I would also suggest reading the following thread which contains an alternative method for implementing GTD in Toodledo that I think works well: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

There are a few modifications I'd suggest to this implementation (e.g. no need for an Inbox folder or Ticklers folder as these can be handled more simply). If you can, read some of this thread and look at the videos and then consider the best approach.

To answer your question about what a day looks like, the Hotlist (or a custom saved search Hotlist) is how I tackle each day. Once you've read the thread this will become more clear.
dockterj

Posted: Feb 04, 2011
Peter, can you expand a little on how you are handling inbox and ticklers? I'm using a proximo setup and inbox seems to work ok for me but ticklers are not.
PeterW 

Posted by dockterj:
Peter, can you expand a little on how you are handling inbox and ticklers? I'm using a proximo setup and inbox seems to work ok for me but ticklers are not.

Hi dockterj,

Proximo started out with a folder named Inbox (see first post) but I think he may have moved away from this later on (I haven't read the thread in a long while so can't remember).

The main reason is that I use Appigo Todo on my iPhone which has an Inbox. When it syncs with Toodledo, the Inbox tasks land in 'No folder'. So 'No folder' is really Toodledo's inbox (i.e. it contains unprocessed tasks).

If I create an 'Inbox' folder on Toodledo, I then end up with two Inboxes in Appigo Todo. So I treat 'No folder' as Toodledo's inbox and I work from the Search tab where one tab is named 'Inbox' (search criteria: checked off = no, folder = no folder).

As for Ticklers, I found that approach required too much additional work. I simply use the 'Start date' field for any item that I think requires a tickler and have my search tabs setup to display tasks when the start date comes into my range.
zntneo

I guess i need more help with the doing side of things. I personally think the status make sense and that folders for projects make sense. (sorry i have not had a chance to read the book yet)
dockterj

Posted: Feb 07, 2011
Thanks Peter,
I have a folder for tickers and it is the part of GTD in TD that works least well for me now. I have recurring ticklers as well as single occurances and some have start dates and some have due dates. I wish TD could sort by either start date or due date.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 07, 2011
Hi dockterj,
I also have recurring tasks but just rely upon the reminder feature as my tickler, and if I don't get to the task then I leave it sitting overdue where it's quite obvious until I check it off.

I've found that the search view helpful in that you can set pretty much any combination of start and due dates you need and then save as a tab for frequent use.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.