ForumsQuestionsDividers - get rid of 'em

Dividers - get rid of 'em
lite1

Posted: Jun 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Find dividers useful at times; I know how to sort to eliminate them. Please focus your TD developement time elsewhere.
Tuck

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
+1 for ability to toggle dividers off
gpzbc

Posted: Aug 27, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I like the dividers but they are a bit too obtrusive. At times they drown out the tasks. I would like the dividers to be less "heavy."
That's my opinion on the matter.
gpzbc

And I should add that I wish there were dividers in the Google Gadget and Netvives version of Toodledo. I currently have my default view set to Hotlist and I hate how it groups all of the days together. I wish it would divide them up by day.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.
le.sosnowski

Ditto that on wanting dividers in the gadget versions of Toodledo - I would love to sort my task by due date and have them divided up by day.
Nick

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
Newbie here. I just wanted to share my quick hack for getting rid of all dividers using a filter in Adblock Plus. Just click "Add filter" in Adblock's preferences and enter the following string:

toodledo.com##DIV.sep

This removes all page elements of class "sep". I think it would be possible to remove certain dividers and keep others by filtering on id instead of class. Start reading here if you want to try.

http://adblockplus.org/en/filters#separators
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/

Alternatively, it may be easier to write a Greasemonkey script for this instead.
Nick

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
I should add that I would much prefer to have an official toggle for this instead.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2009.
Victor

Posted: Nov 20, 2009
Nick,

Thanks for the tip to use Adblock with this filter:

toodledo.com##DIV.sep

It works great...then if I want the dividers to appear, I just turn off Adblock for Toodledo.
Alan

Posted: Nov 22, 2009
Here's a vote in favour of adding them to iPhone app. One thing I like at Appigo's Todo app is the use of the dividers to make the list much cleaner and faster to focus on.
Transisto

Posted: Nov 24, 2009
+1 I'm not sure what I'm voting for, but I really hate the wait task are displayed on the iphone app, especially for priority, and due-date ,
I want to see TODAY then scroll down ,,, until tomorrow's task ,,, and so on. I want to start at top priority and scroll all my task at the same place ordered by priority,

In the current form it's as if there was a Brick Wall and a few hops, between Today and Tomorrow, Top priority, high and medium... priorities are relatively the same so why should we go back and forth, in and out ,,,tap tap tap ...

Thankyou.
Proximo

Posted: Nov 24, 2009
I think having the option to turn them off is nice. I use Dividers when looking at a Context list. I like to see the task that belong to different folders within that context.

So I use the dividers and like them very much.
Victor

Posted: Dec 23, 2009
I have tried hiding dividers with the Adblock filter, but recently noticed that some tasks I marked as complete did not "stay" marked as complete. Could this be because of filtering out the dividers? Has anyone else had this problem?
Abby

Posted: Feb 21, 2010
Hooray for Nick's Ad-Block fix! That worked so well! I'm a happy camper!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.