ForumsQuestionsDesperately needing projects

Desperately needing projects
robinmeisch

Posted: Feb 05, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am indesperate need of projects in Toodledo. I have tried everything... using contexts, tags, main-/subtasks. Nothing made me happy.
Is there a chance this feature will be added anytime soon?
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 05, 2011
You probably need to define what it is you want to achieve, e.g. the features you require and maybe the workflow needed. Projects could encompass anything from simple parent task/subtask handling all the way up to a full project management solution like http://basecamphq.com.

There have been many users here who have requested better 'project handling', some wanting a simple solution for GTD methodology (e.g. features like automatic promotion of project next actions into a unified next actions list), others who want multi-level subtasks, etc.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2011.
robinmeisch

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
I am looking for GTD functionality. So far I have organised projects by creating main tasks with high priority and added sub tasks (= the physical actions). However I am not happy with this solution as it makes the whole setup somewhat complicated and scattered.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
That's sounds similar to how I am using Toodledo for GTD projects.

For me, each project is represented by a parent task and each project action is a subtask. I add a brief abbreviation of the parent task name at the start of each subtask name so that when the subtasks are viewed 'loose' (e.g. in the Hotlist) I can immediately see which project they relate to.

In the Folder view I leave subtasks set to 'nested' and use manual sorting so I can see the project actions in their entirety and in sequence. All other views are set to 'flattened'.

I've found this to be enough for me to handle projects.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.