How to have this particular repeat pattern
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hello...
I have two tasks T1 & T2. And I want these two to repeat each day as follows

T1|T1|_|T1|T1|_|T1|T1|_|...
_|_|T2|_|_|T2|_|_|T2|...

the repetition is for each day and the empty slot '|_|' indicates that the task not occurring on that day. these tasks can occur on weekend as well.
So basically, T2 repeats every third day and configuring this is easy. But how to configure T1? T1 occurs every two days, with one day gap in between.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2011
For T1, you'll need to create two copies of the task that each repeat every 3 days and then set the due-dates to be one day apart.
Andrew A

I basically use the method described by the admin. I have a task that repeats on Mondays and Thursday, identical. I have two tasks, set to repeat one week apart... a Monday one and a Thursday one.

Works fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Andrew, in your case, you can do it with one task that has an advanced repeat of "every Mon,Thur"
Andrew A

lol.. thanks!
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Feb 11, 2011
Thanks for the answer.
Wanted to know if there is a smooth way out rather than creating two tasks.
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Feb 11, 2011
Was just thinking, if I wanted a pattern - T1,T1,T1,_,T1,T1,T1,... - I need to have three tasks. Now, that would be an uncouth way of creating a list.

@Toodledo Admin - Right now, repetition of tasks can be done on weekly basis only or like 'Every X Days/Weeks...'. So, please see whether that can be enhanced to accept repetitions like above.
Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 14, 2011
There are an infinite number of repeating patterns that people can invent, and there isn't a way for us to support all of them, unfortunately. We support the most popular patterns.

"Repeat 3 then skip a day" isn't a very popular pattern, so we will not be supporting it, sorry. Fortunately, there is a straight forward way for you to get this to work with 3 copies of the task that leap frog each other.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.