ForumsQuestions"New Task Defaults" - problem with Start Date of "Today"

"New Task Defaults" - problem with Start Date of "Today"
steve

Posted: Feb 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I've only recently got around to setting-up proper Default settings for new tasks, and have encountered a problem when creating a new task via my browser (not sure whether problem exists on iPhone sorry).

One of the Defaults is the Start Date which I have as "Today", but I note that quite often (not always) the date inserted is yesterday's date.

Is this a time-zone related problem?

EDIT: Sorry - all above references to Start Date should read Due Date. Apologies

Many thanks.

Steve

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It may be a timezone thing. You can check your timezone in your account settings near the top.
steve

Thanks for the reply, and apologies that I didn't make myself clear.

My timezone is set correctly. I just wondered whether the fact I'm in the UK and a different timezone from you could be causing this behaviour?

Thanks.

Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 15, 2011
This could also happen if you leave your browser open over night and add a task the next day without refreshing the page. The page will still think that it is yesterday because it hasn't refreshed yet.
steve

Posted: Feb 15, 2011
Thank you. I think it's happened later in the day than that but I'll keep an eye on that.

Thanks.

Steve
steve

Posted: Feb 16, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that what you suggested didn't solve the problem.

I've been using Toodledo in my browser quite a bit today.

It's now nearly 3pm local time. I just created a new task and the date inserted is yesterday's date.

Now it's not critical - obviously I can go in and amend the date each time, but I'd welcome any more suggestions you may have.

Thanks again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 16, 2011
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.