ForumsQuestionsKeep Getting Duplicates on iPhone

Keep Getting Duplicates on iPhone
macta

Posted: Nov 27, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Since the update to 1.3.1 I have noticed I keep getting duplicate tasks - frequently I will enter something on my iphone and then notice that several hours later on the web version the task will appear twice (by the way, how do I delete duplicates on the web?)

I have also just noticed that when I edited a task on the web site to correct a spelling mistake - a few minutes later on my iphone I noticed that I ended up with 2 tasks - the old named one and the new named one.

When I first got toodledo - I'm sure I didn't have this number of problems? Has something been broken?

Tim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2008
Hmm. We have not experienced this. Are you using some other syncing program in addition to the iPhone? Perhaps the Outlook sync tool?

Have you updated to iPhone OS 2.2?

Thanks
dblehn

Posted: Jan 18, 2009
I am a new user and have version 1.4. I enter a task on my iPhone then exit Toodledo, when I open up the app it duplicates some tasks. Does Toodledo syn every time I open the app?
BHastings117755

Posted: Jan 18, 2009
Posted by dblehn:
Does Toodledo syn every time I open the app?

Yes
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2009
Yes, it syncs every time it opens and closes, if you have auto-sync turned on. If you don't want it to do this you can turn on manual sync in your settings.
dblehn

Score: -1 Reference
Thanks for the reply. Why do you think some tasks are duplicating. Plus I have also experienced having a task dropped/deleted. I turned filter Future Tasks off, per a previous post, to see if that corrects the issue. Any other suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I don't really know why a task would be duplicating unless you are using repeating tasks, in which case they are supposed to be duplicated. We will look into the issue.

Thanks
John

Posted: Jan 31, 2009
I'm a new user and getting the same issues as described above. It's only a small frustration. I hope you can figure it out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2009
Are you using auto-sync or manual sync?
jcoffey

Posted: Feb 02, 2009
I've had the same problem, it appears to be random on when it duplicates the tasks. I use auto-sync.
Dan

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
I get the same problem. I also use auto-sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 06, 2009
We are looking into the problem. You might want to switch to manual sync if you are having this problem consistently.
chris

Posted: Feb 08, 2009
I also get this problem occasionally. iPhone OS 2.2 with auto-sync.

Thanks,
Chris
wfmcginnis

Posted: Mar 06, 2009
I have the "Duplicates" problem as well. I am using the iPhone with the 2.2.1 software.
bobc

Posted: Mar 28, 2009
I too have the duplicates problem. It only affects a few transactions. I add them in the iPhone. then after a number of minutes I get a second duplicate. I am only syncing withe the Toodledo web application so there should be no complications with Outlook sync.

Any ideas - it seems to be the only flaw I have encountered.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2009
Are you using auto-sync or manual sync on the iPhone?
vincent.renzi

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Hello,

I have the duplicate issue too. I am using toodledo with Iphone 2.2 and nothing else - (ie no outlook). I am using auto-sync as well.

For me it duplicates each task created on the iphone whereas the tasks created on the web browser are not duplicated.

Hope this help.

Vincent.
Anders

I am just wondering if those of you getting duplicates are all using the iPhone, or if any have an iPod Touch, and also if any of you have had this problem with manual sync or only auto sync. 3rd party iPhone apps are forced to shut down a few seconds after they close. For me, on wifi with my iPod, syncing only takes a couple of seconds, but on a slower phone network, I wonder if you might be getting an incomplete sync after closing the Toodledo app which could be a reason for duplicates showing up. I am no expert, but thought I would share my thoughts.
Terry

I too have had this problem today. I only sync with Toodledo iPhone app and the setting is on auto. I have tried to reproduce the problem but without success so it seems to be random.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We think that this bug is with auto-sync on slow edge networks and we are working on a fix. If you switch to manual sync and make sure the sync completes before you close the application, it may fix the problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.