ForumsQuestionsMinor but annoying interface problems

Minor but annoying interface problems
Salgud

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Yesterday, I had trouble entering a new task, got an error message and it wouldn't let me enter for a while. Came back later and worked fine. This worries me because I use TD because my memory isn't all that good and when I think of a task to enter, I need to be able to enter it NOW so I don't forget. And I hate sticky notes!

Also, a couple of times today, including just a few minutes ago, when I clicked on the little blue triangle to show details (multi-line mode), the triangle rotated down but the details didn't show. I waited a minute or so, then clicked on "Show Details", which worked fine. This happened several times, but only on certain tasks. On others, both above and below the problematic task, it worked fine? Anyone else observing this? Is there a new glitch?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
What was the error message that you got?
PeterW 

I haven't noticed anything unusual recently.
Salgud

Posted: Feb 18, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
What was the error message that you got?

Should have thought to capture it, but didn't. Will do so if it happens again.

Any ideas about not being able to show details by clicking on the blue arrow?
piyush_soni

You can try to see if the 'Error Console' shows anything in Firefox.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I suspect that there was a plugin that was causing a conflict, or perhaps the browser was just acting up. They do that. If it happens again, see if there is an error in the "error console". We have not been able to reproduce the problem and we haven't seen any errors in our logs that could be attributed to this.
Salgud

Posted: Feb 21, 2011
Using IE7 (at work). Does it have an error console?
piyush_soni

Posted: Feb 22, 2011
IE traditionally displays Javascript errors at the bottom left corner in the status bar. So whenever you see a triangular 'warning/caution' icon there, you can double click that to open and see the error. What I don't remember is whether you had to enable that from the settings or not.

Googling does show some kind of console though. You have to have Javascript debugging 'not disabled' for that. Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced. Look for "Disable Script Debugging" options in the 'Browsing' section and uncheck if they are checked. Also, if you want you can temporarily enable the option 'Display a notification about every script error'. But I guess that could be annoying as many websites have JS errors.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.