ForumsQuestionsSearch title of tasks within saved search view

Search title of tasks within saved search view
mikeweadley

Posted: Feb 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I work within the saved search views primarily. I often find that I would like to do a non-persistent search for a specific task within the view by typing a few characters of its title, in the manner one would search for a task title in the Priority view for example. Is there a way to use userstyles to add this capability to the saved search view?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 21, 2011
You might try using your web browsers built in in-page search functionality.
mikeweadley

Posted: Feb 22, 2011
Yes, that is what I'm doing currently. However, I would much prefer the feature that you have provided on other views that filters down the list of tasks to just those that match the search. Is this possible? Is there a specific reason why the standard title search does not work in the saved search view?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2011
We omitted it because it seemed confusing to have search within a search. Also, having two ways to search on the same page, seemed like it might confuse some people. It should be fairly simple to click "modify search" and add a single rule to do the title search that you want.
mikeweadley

Posted: Feb 23, 2011
I can understand the reasoning. The appeal to me though is being able to search within the tasks already in the view. Some of my saved searches have quite complicated search criteria. It is helpful that the searchfield searches within the tasks already included in a view, so that I don't have to recreate a view via New Search with an added title search string.

Given the alternatives, please consider this a low priority wish list request. If you can think of a workaround I could do via userstyles or something to make that field appear please let me know.

Love the product. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.