ForumsQuestionsiPhone App: Contexts/Tags Default to ON

iPhone App: Contexts/Tags Default to ON
simon

Posted: Feb 23, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have been caught a number of times, specifically when adding a new tag whilst entering a new task. The new tag defaults to OFF (unticked) so the task doesn't show. This seems counter intuitive. I can't think of a situation where I would want the default state to be hidden. The same applies to contexts, they too default to OFF.

Simon

This message was edited Feb 23, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 23, 2011
When all the tick marks are on, it means "show only these tags that I have selected". When you create a new tag Toodledo makes no assumption that you want that tag selected. It is easier to understand if you have the tag filter with only 1 tag ticked. This means you want to see only this tag, so creating a new tag should not change the filter.

Try adjusting your tag and context filters so that all the tick marks are off. This will display everything unfiltered and newly added tags/contexts will be displayed without you having to adjust the filters.
simon

Posted: Feb 24, 2011
So, let me see if I understand correctly....
Ticking none has the same effect as ticking all because none doesn't filter at all?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2011
Correct. No ticks means no filter. All ticked means show all. So it does the same thing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.