ForumsQuestionssearch not returning all tasks

search not returning all tasks
zoe

Posted: Dec 01, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I need to report on my completed tasks for the last six months to my supervisor, so I did a search with two rules:

Folder is WTS and IWALK
Date Completed is after May 31 2008

The search returned only 1 task -- the last one I completed -- even though there are dozens that were completed in that time period. I've noticed this same problem before, but am just now reporting it. Can you help me figure out if I am doing something wrong or if it is a bug?
DrLaban

Posted: Dec 02, 2008
Are you using sub tasks within parent tasks? And in this case, did you check off the parent task without lifting out your sub tasks?
In this case, your tasks would be deleted because of the current behaviour of sub tasks and parent tasks.
If you did not do the things above, can you see the tasks when you look in the folder All tasks and make sure you also show recently completed tasks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 03, 2008
You should also know that if you are using a free account, your history is limited to 1 week. If you want to unlock your full history, you will need to upgrade to a Pro subscription.

http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php
zoe

Posted: Dec 08, 2008
No, I am not using sub-tasks.

These are not recently completed tasks (don't know what counts as recently completed, but I'm pretty sure six months ago doesn't count), so I don't think it's relevant that they don't show when I turn off that filter.

These tasks do show on my calendar as completed, but they do not show in the search. I want to use the search because that's much easier than clicking though every single day on a calendar for the last six months.

Don't understand what you mean about history being limited to 1 week. I can see much farther back than that in the calendar.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.