ForumsQuestionsDoes Todo support team collaboration using shared lists?

Does Todo support team collaboration using shared lists?
allanbarr

Posted: Mar 06, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
(Not sure if this is the right place to post this)

As per the title, I want to know if Toodledo will allow me to set up a shared workspace/list between myself and my colleagues so that when I add or update a task on my account that it will automatically sync through to my colleagues accounts?

This message was edited Mar 06, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
This is not yet possible, but we are working on it. Here is some additional info about sharing: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Mark_1348239968

Posted: Mar 29, 2011
The current sharing paradigm is flawed IMHO.
I am coming from Gubb and other simple task list systems.
When you share a list you share a list, and the other party sees what you see. There are not these confusing views.

Also please tell us about shared Folders.
There is no point in organizing all your tasks into project or GTD folders if when you go to share the tasks with someone they can't see the folders as shared. Totally confusing.

I am trialing pro and once I discovered these things my excitement for your otherwise great product was seriously checked. Hope to hear more about sharing, especially how you are rethinking it. There are tons of questions in these forums about sharing / folders / views that indicate something is a bit too loopy in the current sharing use cases.

Thanks
awalls

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Just signed up to the pro account today and have been very very disappointed to discover something so fundamental missing from an otherwise excellent package. Seriously doubting this now. Do you offer refunds?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, we have a 30 day refund policy.
dsloan

Hi, is there any progress on improvements to task sharing? I know you can't commit to dates, but a rough idea if it's in the pipeline. I think the product is unparalleled in its GTD support, and I've been very vocal to my friends and colleagues about this, and the way you can view and track task lists in every way you could wish.

However, having persuaded them to come on board, it has fallen down completely when I try to use it with other team members. We now need to switch back and forward between workspaces to see tasks, and immediately visibility becomes a major issue, with tasks seemingly disappearing to some unknown view with another's workspace, ruining the whole organised feel.

I will persevere if it's coming soon, otherwise it's not going to work for me.
dsloan

Or can you even suggest some workaround for this in the meantime?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The way sharing works on Toodledo currently is that each task must be owned by someone. You can pass tasks back and forth, but someone must own it. We plan to make a feature whereby a task can be shared by multiple people and appear on everyone's list. I don't have an ETA, but it is our number 1 request so it is high on our to-do list.
erosenthal

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
The sharing of tasks by multiple people is key.

Particularly the ability for assigning to multiple people being a default option when a new task is created.

Another option is to just show all shared folders and each task within each folder has a "tag" regarding who task is assigned to, similar to priority, date due, etc.

If assigning a task to a specific person is so fundamental, then why does the iphone app not have this as an option?
JCarl

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
Here is my previous post. This is a workaround that is working fairly well as we await the high priority of collaboration improvement.

We use it in a corporate environment as you will see in the post. I think that Toodledo is a great product for individual management and a good value for corporate. There are many other products available that usually charge $30-$50 per month per seat. Toodledo will need to improve their collaboration which I know they are committed to in order to widen their appeal to the corporate environment. To elaborate a little further on my corporate use if you are on a budget prohibiting the more corporate intense products I still would recommend the following:

1. Obtain dummy email and Toodledo Pro account for as many department levels as you desire to divide. This then provides Department or Segment or Team, then Folders, then Tasks, then Subtasks.

2. Invite your participants including yourself to share as collaborators in the dummy account. You will have to create Folders and some of the other fields in the dummy account but afterwards their would be little access as you would see everything in your account as would others who you give Folder permission.

3. You can have dummy account forward changes to anybody you want through the email.

4. I then use Tags using the initials of the employee.

5. I then have created Advanced Searches on the dummy database as follows:

1. Recently Added
2. Recently Modified
4. Recent Notes
5. Search by Tag or combination of Tags

All are available in standard Toodledo views but Advanced Searches let you specify the timeframes.

In the end it is a decent inexpensive team but will not be robust in emails. The trade off is that Toodledo has a great new interface and with the set up I specified their will be very rapid navigation etc. Notes will be limited to task content notes and the Notes that can by sorted by project.

I am sure I have given you way more than you asked but this is a corporate approach.
awalls

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
How do I go about getting a refund and closing my account?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 11, 2011
You can create a support ticket and request a refund which we will process.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.