ForumsQuestionsTasks vs Events -- what is ICS in Outlook?

Tasks vs Events -- what is ICS in Outlook?
DSM_2

Posted: Mar 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
At work, I am a heavy user of Outlook. At home, I'm becoming a heavy user of Toodledo. Now I'm trying to figure out how best to make them play together. The (lack of) documentation makes this very difficult.

The options that I see in this endeavor are Import/Export via an ICS file, Chromatic Dragon's Sync tool, and Ceptara's Organizer. Each seem to have more minuses than pluses:

1. ToodledoSync seems useful for sync "Tasks" between Toodledo and Outlook. It does not, however, seem to recognize events and sync them with my Outlook Calendar as well. Also, it lacks some flexibility in dealing with Categories in Outlook (I use Taglocity).

2. The information on ICS is not well explained that I've been able to find. To me, it looks like ICS would wind up importing all my tasks as events and have them show up on my calendar. I'm reluctant to test this to find out.

3. The Ceptara Organizer seems promising, but is probably significant overkill since I'm already using Outlook. I'm still trying to understand it's capabilities, though.

Anyone care to add their explanation of ICS with respect to Outlook?
Jrod

Posted: Jun 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I use the ICS calendar to connect Toodledo to Outlook. It bring all tasks into the calendar - just those to which you assigned a date.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.