ForumsTips & TricksRepeating Tasks w/out Dates

Repeating Tasks w/out Dates
dan.mcardle

Posted: Jun 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to establish a group/list of general tasks that I would like to be reminded of regularly, but don't have a specific date/time associated with them. For example, let's say I have the following list:

1. Shred documents
2. Update phone software
3. Update family contact list info
4. File paperwork

None of the above is critical, and I don't want them to appear on a Hotlist. But I do want to make sure I'm reminded to take care of them as time allows. I'm looking for a Toodledo tool/set-up that would allow me to maintain a "scrolling" list of tasks like the items above. If I were to complete the first task today, the list would then look like this:

1. Update phone software
2. Update family contact list info
3. File paperwork
4. Shred documents

I'm basically looking to establish a list of low-priority repeating tasks, without assigning due dates. Any suggestions?

Thanks

db
KatBoy

Posted: Jun 08, 2011
I don't know if it's possible to be reminded of tasks without a date, but I have similar tasks and use the "optional" modifier, ie:

?30/06/11

Then set to repeat as required. So if you don't get it done on that day, it just resets to the next due date.
Salgud

Posted: Jun 09, 2011
TD doesn't have that feature, not do any of the many task managers I've worked with over the last 20 years. Do you know of one that has that feature?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.