ForumsTips & TricksTask Templates

Task Templates
JWest

Posted: Dec 31, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
You can make a set of re-usable tasks or a template by saving them as a CSV file. In the folder name field, use a new foldername, when you import it, Toodledo creates a new folder with that name and populates the folder with the tasks that you defined in your CSV template. Use generic names like "New Folder" and relative dates, like "Today" as the due date, etc. After you import the list, you then rename the folder to whatever you like.

I manage a lot of projects and use a new folder for each one. Each project has a set of standard tasks, like setting up the project milestones or checking the actuals against the budget every week or writing monthly reports. I have these all set up in a CSV template that I import each time I set up a new project.
Canyon Russell

Posted: Dec 31, 2008
That's awesome! I will absolutely use this until they can implement it as a feature.

Thank You!
JWest

Posted: Jan 01, 2009
I forgot to mention that the best way to learn about the CSV format is to export your tasks to CSV, then open the file with Excel. You can delete unwanted tasks, leaving just what you want in your template, also add and edit tasks to your liking.

I am a new Toodledo user, so there may be some unexpected behavior. If so, post it here.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.