ForumsTips & TricksOverdue Tasks that are completed still show in Overdue

Overdue Tasks that are completed still show in Overdue
ellen.allard18

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
This topic was addressed several years ago, per the forum. I haven't found a solution to it yet. I am a fairly new Toodledoo user and am generally happy with the product, but this is a very annoying feature. Upon completion, when you click on a task in the Overdue section, it still remains in the Overdue section. Why can't the task be moved when completed to its' folder? I realize I can go to the "Show" menu up top (to the right of the field that allows you to add a task) and unclick recently completed tasks, but then the tasks disappear altogether, even from their respective folders. That doesn't allow one to really feel a sense of completion. Please help by addressing this! Thank you so much!
Folke X

Posted: Sep 09, 2011
Even if you refresh the screen it is still there?
crutkai

Posted: Sep 25, 2011
i am trying to get reaccuring messages and future messages to not show up even though I have the filter set not to show-so how do I get the messages not to show up if they are to do for months they still show up.
jonicdao

Posted: Oct 18, 2011
this happens to me too! i use pocket informant to check off completed tasks but on the toodledo website, the tasks are still there. they don't appear anymore in pocket informant though.
Folke X

Posted: Oct 19, 2011
@jonicdao
I see that, too, sometimes, with Pocket Informant, especially if I check off more than one tak in rapid succession. It could well be PI that's at fault, not necessarily Toodledo.
prabhuram.engg

Posted: Nov 17, 2011
me too, I see all the completed actions with a glaring overdue - I use GTD DGT.
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 17, 2011
This is a problem acknowledged by Toodledo but I don't think they have plans to fix it.

Simply put, the system sees that the due date is passed and therefore shows the tasks as overdue. It doesn't take account of the fact that the task is completed.

If you go into your completed task list all of them will appear to be overdue if they have a due date. It's quite annoying.
jpol

Posted: Nov 18, 2011
Posted by ellen.allard18:
Upon completion, when you click on a task in the Overdue section, it still remains in the Overdue section. Why can't the task be moved when completed to its' folder? I realize I can go to the "Show" menu up top (...) and unclick recently completed tasks, but then the tasks disappear altogether, even from their respective folders.

That's a bit strange. When I view tasks through "Due-Date" view I have filters in "SHOW" set not to include recently completed tasks. When I move to specific folder in "Folders" view, filters in "SHOW" are set to include recently completed tasks. Filters seem view-specific, not global. So I guess it's exactly the behaviour you are expecting.
retta

Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Not sure if addresses your need to delete tasks from the "Overdue" section, but it allows you to delete these finished tasks and the repeating tasks still remain in their folders:

Go to settings-->Purge Data-->Delete all completed tasks.

This deletes everything from your "Overdue" section.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.