ForumsTips & TricksCustom keyword shortcut for search?

Custom keyword shortcut for search?
Michael

Posted: Sep 25, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I used to have a custom keyword for Mozilla Firefox that would search all my tasks via advanced search, not just the currently visible ones as Toodledo quick search does. When Toodledo switched to its new Ajax interface, this stopped working. Is there a way to get this to work again?
Victor

Posted: Oct 28, 2011
I'd like the same thing.

Another option (though not as convenient) would be to have a shortcut in the advanced search to enter a new search. Currently, if I go into the advanced search using the "e" shortcut I can start typing a search term if it's at a 'new search'. If it's at a saved search, I have to go to 'new search' with the mouse, thus defeating the whole shortcut idea.

Since "n" is already taken, I would recommend "f" to go to 'new search' in the advanced search section. This would be consistent with the rest of the site. Currently, "f" does nothing in the advanced search selection.
JPR

Posted: Oct 30, 2011
Are you aware you can access tabs with the 1-9 keys? From any view, typing "1" gets you to the "All Tasks" tab, and then "f" to set focus to find. "e1" takes you to New Search in saved searches. (unless focus was on New Search, in which case you will end up with a "1" in the search box)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.