Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Tips & Tricks

Link to OneNote

AuthorMessage
nexusstone

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
Score: 0

Personally, I think that the Note feature of Toodledo is pretty retarded -- as it is only plain text.

In an effort to make this (MUCH) more 'robust', I thought that it would be pretty interesting to create OneNote link(s). Imo, OneNote is a VERY useful & rich environment -- which I use endlessly for LOTS of stuff. However, I am not very keen on OneNote for tasks -- including (in particular) its links to Outlook tasks.

The following hyperlink taken from OneNote works if you paste it in the Toodledo Note field:

OneNoteLinks

[The (real) OneNote hyperlink has 3 right-slashes ("onenote:///C:\...) -- but the 3-right-slash link doesn't work until you remove two of them.] As it stands, this link is pretty messy: it brings up an open dialog -- & throws error message(s) at the end. But, it WORKS.

I'm sure that some of you guys who know more web coding than I (the level of which is HIGHLY rudimentary) may be able to clean up the operation & structure of this link.
nexusstone

Oops, the href came out as a link -- rather than text -- so, I'm trying again -- & substituting hhhref for href: {Hopefully, this will show the text (not the link).]

OneNoteLinks
nexusstone

Okay, this time I'm trying hhhh for href=:

<a hhhh"onenote:/C:\Documents\OneNote%20Notebooks\Work%20Notebook\ToDos.one#OneNoteLinks§ion-id={A4 206E97-1DAE-48FE-9F91-4EFDFEF9D288}&page-id={AE1E59C5-B91F-417D-B9C0-775EBEFF972D}&object-id={2E0636 BC-56F9-03A2-29CD-2B763164CD82}&10">OneNoteLinks
shurst

Posted: Jul 28, 2009

I'm using OneNote for reference material and the ability to work "little and often" on given tasks - to be able to link from Toodledo to OneNote pages would be great.

I tried pasting in hyperlinks from Onenote but not sure how to activate when they are in toodledo notes section. Can you give me some more instruction?

Appreciate it - thanks.

Stv
Anders

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Score: 1

For a link to function from the notes field, it has to be properly formatted (with http://, etc.).
shurst

Posted: Jul 29, 2009

Got it now.

What's working for me is to just enter <a href="

and then the onenote address and then whatever 'link name' you choose and it works fine...

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Tips & Tricks

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014