ForumsTips & TricksMoved to ToodleDo from RTM

Moved to ToodleDo from RTM
Derek Erb

Posted: Mar 02, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I just posted this on RTM's forums so I think it's only fair to post it here as well:

I'm not sure if this will get posted or remain in the Forum as I can certainly understand how it would not be perceived as positive.

But I am posting this, in case it does get published, as I think it might be helpful information to others looking at other options.

I have been using RTM for years. I have been a Pro user since the week they introduced the concept. I have used it on several computers and handhelds throughout the day every day.

I have just finished using RTM and ToodleDo during a 2-week period. I did everything double and in parallel for a fortnight.

It's now time for me to say goodbye to RTM, who I will miss in some ways, and hello ToodleDo.

ToodleDo's web version is just too simple and logical in comparison.
ToodleDo prints in colour, with font styles (bold) and differences in priorities and due dates in comparison to RTM's plain text printouts I've been manually highlighting with a highlighter forever.
ToodleDo has more levels of Priority rather than just 3.
ToodleDo's iPhone app is far superiour in both performance and flexibility.
Oh, and yes, ToodleDo does subtasks!

ToodleDo is right for me. Your needs may be very different.

Competition is good. It means that the best in any area can't just sit on their laurels. I'll keep watching this spot to see when (not if) RTM catches up and I'll be ready to come back whenever that happens.

In the meantime I am very happy with ToodleDo.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Mar 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am another RTM to ToodleDo convert. I have been with TD for over about 2 months now, and I can't say enough good things! Overall it works much better for me as a task management system.

Glad you like it!
Mr. Tito

Posted: Mar 03, 2009
I'm another recent convert. Though I find the RTM iPhone app to be really elegant, Toodledo is easier to apply to the GTD methodology. It's not so much that I was unhappy with RTM, it seems Toodledo website is easier to use.
gui

Posted: Mar 15, 2009
dcefrance

ca va? I'm gui from RTM, also a Toodledo user now. Have you followed up on your post? http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/6871/ You created quite a storm.

Nice to find you here. Great app!
face

Posted: Mar 16, 2009
One Toodledo missing feature is the lack of translation ...
I hope to see Toodledo translated into italian language (RTM is also avaible into Italian).
I agree about the simplicity of Toodledo against RTM.
gui

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
face,

just curious, why would you want a Toodledo in italian? Seems like you handle english quite well
face

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Hi gui,
thanks for the compliment :)
I need to have Toodledo into italian why i've to give access it to my secretary and other guys of my working team, all italian people :)
gui

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
face

non faciammo complimenti! L'idea e abbastanza buona. Magari si potrebbe convincere a Toodledo di usare gente comoe noi per fare le traduzzioni. RTM lo fa cosi e hanno un buon numero di partecipanti. Io ho fatto diverse traduzioni a altre lingue. Non so se lo farei coll'italiano giacche non e tanto buono.

Cosa fai? Io disegno siti web e sviluppo software pure. Dove sei? In Italia?
Derek Erb

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
CiĆ o Gui e grazie for the reply...

I'll go check out what's up at RTM... I have to admit since I've left and things have been working so much better for me here at ToodleDo I haven't looked back...
Chislon

Posted: Apr 02, 2009
I think Toodle do is a great application and could very well extend it's user base if they extend the service to international customers.
Matthieu

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
+1 for translation. A lot of people in my company would use it (in a pro version) if it where available in french !
thpope

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
Posted by gui:
dcefrance

ca va? I'm gui from RTM, also a Toodledo user now. Have you followed up on your post? http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/6871/ You created quite a storm.

Nice to find you here. Great app!

Is it gone? I wouldn't be surprised. The truth is, RTM looks fantastic to me. I was very attracted to its "prettyness." But, Toodledo is so much more functional. It has tons more capability. I did struggle. I really wanted to use RTM, but I relented to my desire to be productive. By the way, Toodledo is one of the funniest names you could have come up with. It's almost embarrassing to tell someone about it. But for sure it's uniquely branded.

I do hope you work on the elegance part. I'm pretty sure there are people who choose to go with RTM purely because of its style. At the risk of offending people, it reminds of the Apple vs. PC debate.
lite1

Posted: Jun 10, 2009
Tried RTM for a couple of weeks, and got tired of the unresponsive RTM support people and what seemed to be their poor attitude toward users based on their official RTM posts in the forums. Gave TD a shot, the became a Pro subscriber and am delighted with the choice I made and a wonderful forum group. Nearly everyone seems pleased with TD and it seems like a good collaboration to make a good product even better.
Edward
Proximo

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
I not only came from RTM, but I have tested and used many GTD Programs and Services.

Toodledo is the winner.

Just like anything else. Nothing is perfect or ever will be, but Toodledo listens to it's users and they make changes that please us. I am excited about some changes related to Projects and Subtask that will make Toodledo even more powerful.

Welcome to a community of great people who like to get things done.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
I think most of the people who end up with TD have tried many of the others. This is just the best there is for online task management!
carmentalis

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
TD is wonderful, not just for the task management but also the communication. RTM have handled that outage a lot differently, I'm sure - and that conviction is what really makes me appreciate life here!
Jonathan

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Moved from RTM to TD - just find TD more aesthetically pleasing and more geared to how I want to organize my tasks. Like the import feature too!
priyank.patel

Posted: Jun 17, 2009
One more to TD from RTM.

I started using TD around 6 months ago. Just upgraded to Pro membership. In my opinion, RTM is too simple to handle complexities of our work flow and life. TD is just right in term of work flow. You can customize TD to handle any kind of work flow easily.

I love all aspect of this application.

Great App !!
jgierchak

Posted: Jun 21, 2009
One more here too. I moved over when Emily got nasty in the RTM forums, and have not looked back.
The iPhone app for Toodledo beats the RTM one hands down, the web UI on the iphone rocks, and everyone just seems so much nicer.

Thanks to the dev(s) for all the hard work!

-J
mitch.olson

Posted: Jun 22, 2009
I too moved from RTM to Toodledo & use in conjunction with the Todo iPhone app (the best iphone todo app bar none).

Really love the functionality of Toodledo - only wish it was prettier (to the dev: you're a great programmer - please give your app the face it deserves - please hire a good graphic artist to make it nicer on the eyes).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.