ForumsTips & TricksAdditional emails addresses to create tasks

Additional emails addresses to create tasks
Eddiemoto

Posted: Aug 23, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I would love to see the ability to have more than a single email address that will create a task. Then have the ability to set default context, status, etc, etc per address.

This would allow me to have people or automated systems have their own ability to slip something into my ToodleDo. Perfect feature for a Pro user.

I hope you take this into consideration and don't think it would be very difficult to create.
Purveyor

Posted: Aug 23, 2012
It would not be "very difficult to create" another email address. But, how do you suggest having "the ability to set default context, status, etc, etc per address"?

Right now, anyone who has your secret email address can send a task to your Toodledo account. Any of those senders can specify any of the fields using the Toodledo syntax explained here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

What is missing?
Ann

Posted: Aug 30, 2012
I guess Eddiemoto wants an address that can be used to send mails for task with context @home and priority medium, another address that automatically goes to @errands and yet another to @work with priority top.

I should suggest Eddiemoto to make some default email templates that contain the wished for combinations of context, status etc...
ivyclark

Posted: Sep 05, 2012
It's a useful feature... i've been evaluating asana.com and they allow this - so you can manage your work, personal, home tasks via different workspaces, using different email addresses. Alerts for each area of focus (workspace) can be configured so they are sent by asana to the assigned email address. Very clever - asana checks which email address tasks were sent from to determine where tasks should go.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.