ForumsTips & TricksThunderbird/Lightning

Thunderbird/Lightning
whoever

Posted: Apr 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Silbernagel and marcus

I've tried the same - but I can't do it - there is no 2-way sync by using iCal Live Link. Toodledo don't accept new entries or something like that.
And there is written (in the window iCal Subscriptions: "Keep in mind that this is a one-way synchronization from Toodledo to your calendar. Toodledo has no way of detecting when you add or edit a task on your calendar."

Are you sure that the 2-way sync works?

Cu, whoever
rgloor

Posted: May 18, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Anders:
I also think that enhancement of Toodledo's calendar would be great, but is not essential. I also would love to see some sort of two way connection with Google Calendar. However, I think all of this misses the point of why a Thunderbird/Lightning sync would be great, and that is offline access to tasks from the desktop. Note that Lightning does not just add a calendar to Thunderbird, but also a task manager. Currently the only way to get desktop offline access to your tasks from Toodledo is to use the Chromatic Dragon sync tool, and of course that only works if you use Outlook. Outlook is very popular, but the advantage of a Thunderbird sync would be that virtually everyone could have offline access since Thunderbird is free, and works on both PCs and Macs.

Well, that's a dream (of me too). However, the functionality of the Thunderbird/Lightning Task app is SO LIMITED! It would loose the main reason for using Toodledo.

So rather than that, a separat Toodledo Plugin for Thunderbird would be great.
Having the FULL POWER of TOODLEDO, combined with the offline access, the cloud sync and access as well as the whole on various OS platforms.

That would really make a difference!
charles.tryon

Posted: Jun 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I just added the calendar to my Lightning plugin, and sure enough, tasks from the Web interface do eventually show up in Lightning, but I can't change them there -- it appears to be a read-only link.

I've also found that the Web link doesn't work well on Chrome. I click on some of the pull-down lists to change something like a status, and it just flips back to whatever it was before. I'll have to try again with Firefox or something.
tonymillermcr

Posted: Jul 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
You can access Toodledo directly using the WAT (WebApplicationTab) add-on.

With it you can add 'app' tabs (basically just browse a URL within TB) and have a dedicated tab, just like mail and calendar etc. A great lightweight faux 2-way solution.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/55713/

Obviously, doesn't work offline ;(
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.