ForumsTips & TricksDuplicate Project/Timeline

Duplicate Project/Timeline
j.eggen

Posted: Nov 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have a number of "projects" that I do regularly but not at predefined intervals. Specifically I am a pastor and regularly (but not weekly or predefined intervals) do things such as preaching, teaching classes, etc. Most of these items have a particular workflow and set of tasks that get done in order. I've been looking for a way to setup a template so I can say I'm preaching on X date and then have all the subtasks automatically get created with appropriate due dates (X-7 days, X-2 days, etc.) Is there any way to do this within Toodledo? Essentially I'm looking to copy a parent task and have all children tasks copied along with it with new start/end dates relative to the start/end date of the parent task.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 20, 2012
TD does not have this capability, nor does any other task manager I'm aware of. There are quite a few out there, but this would be a pretty sophisticated task manager. You could set up M$ Project to do this, but that opens up a 55 gal. drum full of worms, not to mention the price (~$1000).
shfl

Posted: Nov 26, 2012
You could use an Excel template to calculate the dates and then import a CSV file.

I use this for projects I work on that have set tasks, instead of manually entering each task and risking forgetting some.
isaacjacobs

Posted: Nov 28, 2012
@j.eggen, you're looking for this: http://www.teamworkpm.net

Killer software, I'm keen to get on board but can't justify it just yet.
quantimal

Posted: Feb 05, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I'm a big Teamworkpm.net advocate, but I'm actually coming back to toodledo after years off. However I don't want to replace twpm, but to find a good way to use them together.

TD has greater sorting and tag functions, and that's what I need to plan my day. twpm is great for longer term keeping things together but I want TD for daily planning.

Anyone use both?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.