ForumsTips & TricksEditing Saved Searches

Editing Saved Searches
Vitaly_4

Posted: Dec 30, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Considering the power of saved searches... Is there a way to open a saved search for modification and see the previous conditions instead of the blank page? That should be pretty easy to do programatically. Filters for my saved searches are pretty complex, with numerous conditions. As far as I understand, there is currently no way to tweak the conditions other than to retype everything anew. And the most effective way to save the previous conditions is ... to make a screenshot. Can we do it a little more efficiently? I have always thought that computers exist for serving people, not vise versa...
thepaj

Posted: Dec 30, 2012
When I open saved searches with "Modify search", the old search, with all conditions is shown for editing.

Maybe something wrong with your browser? Which browser do you use?
Kochava

Posted: Jun 05, 2013
My annoyance with editing saved searches is that it appears you can't edit the name of the saved search. Anyone know how to do that without deleting the search and making a new one with the new name?
Michael_49

Posted: Jun 07, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Kochav, if you click and drag over your search name from LEFT to Right (it doesn't work in the other direction) to highlight, and then either rt click or Control C to copy...Modify your search and when you click save, PASTE the exact same name and the search will be replaced instead of duplicated.

It's a technique I used back in the '90s...sad we still have to do it today. (:/
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.